Sad, Lonely, Bookworm

Jungkook hates people.

     He hates the way they're unpredictable - deceiving and malicious yet kind and warm-hearted at the same time. He hates seeing the infinite differences among the world that tainted it so painfully black, like a blotch of ink spreading across thin white paper.

     Why can't people all just be the same? Why must there be different races, different opinions, different kinds of people? Even on the news, people all over the world - no matter where they are - have something to complain about that eventually leads to fighting and more disputes.

     The question is... Would things have been better if everyone was just the same?

     "Jungkook, you do know class starts in ten minutes, right?" Someone speaks, making him slam the pen on his notebook very quickly.

     "WHAT?!" He collected all his things and made sure to slip the black composition notebook into his backpack before hastily changing into his school uniform and scrambling out of his room. "Hyung, why didn't you tell me?!" His hands grabbed the sandwich sitting on the kitchen table as the older boy chuckled in amusement.

     "I mean, you looked way too busy writing in your diary. I didn't feel like bothering you." The tall, broad-shouldered boy said while combing a hand through his strawberry blonde hair.

     "It's not a diary!" Jungkook retorted as he shoved the sandwich in his mouth and tied his shoes in a quick manner.

     Seokjin rolled his eyes and helped place the younger's arms through the white and navy varsity jacket with the BigHit logo etched in the front right. "Anyways, have fun and try not to overwork yourself!"

     Jungkook released an anonymous muffled noise while chewing on the white bread and ran out of the house to the college campus not very far.

     He and Seokjin are brothers living under the roof of their mother and father, who make sure the two receive the best education possible in Busan. Seokjin is about to go to grad school while his mother is an assistant business operations manager in a high-wealth company. His father, who is more out-going than his mother, is an ophthalmic surgeon who works at a hospital in a different town. Overall, they are pretty much a content family that always take care of each other (although it's mostly Seokjin who looks after Jungkook because their parents are always busy with work).

     Thing is, Jungkook is not a normal teenage kid who goes to university while partying and getting drunk 24/7. Sure he's popular and all, but he never asked for the attention. He's just a kid who likes reading and experiences existential crises on a daily basis.

     On his way past the gates and to the language department, a group of girls suddenly approached him, eyes swooning "seductively" and glittery pink lip gloss sparkling in the light.

     "Hey, Jungkookie, how about you hang out with us after cl- "

     "Sorrykindalaterightnow!" The boy utters as he rushes past them without hesitation.

     The girls pursued him but only ended up running into a glass door that shut unceremoniously in their faces. Jungkook ignored their whines and pouts as he literally sprinted up the stairs and to the lecture hall up ahead.

     Girls...

     He quietly opened the door and slipped into the busy classroom in which the teacher had yet to come. On the very back row, Taehyung and Hoseok were waving down at him.

     "You're so lucky Mr. Kim hadn't started class yet. He would've broken your desk like he did last time!" Taehyung exclaimed as Jungkook collapsed on the seat in between them.