She smiled up at him, "I know, I'm kind of excited."

"Me too," he agreed, kissing her temple gently. "Would you be mad if I said I had your gift with me right now?"

Sierra's eyebrows cinched together and she squinted, joking, "Depends what it is."

He chuckled, sitting up so he could truly look at her. The present had been in his pocket all night, him waiting for the perfect moment to give it to her. He almost did it before Malia came over to study with them, but was happy he waited till they were completely alone.

"In all seriousness, no I wouldn't be mad," Sierra told him. "I was actually planning on giving you yours tomorrow."

"Really?"

"Of course," she responded truthfully. "Our lives are...action-packed. I didn't want to wait, you know? Just in case."

A relieved sigh escaped Stiles, "Thank God; that's exactly how I feel too."

Sierra watched in confusion as he then pulled a small box from his pocket and held it out to her. "This is for you. Happy early anniversary, string bean."

Before she even opened it, Sierra felt her eyes water from his thoughtfulness. Chuckling, Stiles wiped a tear from her cheek and he teased her, "Darling, you're supposed to cry after you open it."

Sierra smiled at him, trying to stop her fingers from trembling as she accepted the present. Casting one more glance at Stiles, who couldn't breathe due to his nerves, Sierra opened the small velvet box and almost dropped it when she saw the gift inside.

Sitting perfectly on the pillow, was a silver band decorated with intricate flowers

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sitting perfectly on the pillow, was a silver band decorated with intricate flowers. On a simple charm inside it, was a cursive S. "It's a promise ring," Stiles explained, keeping his eyes on her. "But I know you don't like having anything on your fingers so I got a chain so you can wear it like a necklace."

"It's beautiful," Sierra gently picked it up to get a better look. "Stiles, I don't deserve this."

"You deserve this, and more," Stiles disagreed with a shake of his head. "I wanted to show you that I love you, Sierra Michelle Page. And nothing is ever going to change that."

Sierra felt her heart swell in happiness, joy washing over her as she leaned forward to press a kiss to his lips. "Thank you so much," she told him gratefully. "I'm never going to take it off."

"I can help you put it on now," Stiles suggested. "If you want."

"I'd love that."

Stiles couldn't describe the feeling that warmed his body at the sight of Sierra beaming as she looked down at the new ring secured around her neck, and he was so caught up he almost forgot to show her the second part.
"Oh, look at this."

"What?"

Stiles pulled out a chain that was around his own neck, showing her that he had a matching band and charm, even though his was simpler. "I got one too. That way, if we're ever apart, we still have a piece of each other."

Gather The Ashes || Stilinski || Book Three जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें