21. No more dreaming

Start from the beginning

I licked my lips. "I'm down if you down Jewel?"

Jewel nodded her head. "Can we just wait until we know the sex of the baby first? I just don't want to have girly gifts if it's a boy and boy gifts if its a girl."

My mama nodded her head. "It's absolutely fine with me. I can't wait to tell everyone the exciting news."

I rolled my eyes to the back of my head. My mama always gotta run her mouth.

"I'm not going to hold you two love birds up, Is there a way I can stay in contact with you two?" My mama asked.

She took a pen and piece of paper out her purse and I wrote down my cell phone number for her to call me anytime she need me.

"Tell the girls imma stop through ta' see them soon." I hugged my mama and kissed her cheek.

I'm still pissed off at my mama for what she said to me, but I can't cut her off for good. I luv my mama with all my heart and she know that.

* * *

Jewel.

After we left the grocery store we dropped the groceries off at home, and put them away. August and I are now headed to the studio so Chris can meet August. August has no idea about meeting Chris, I decided to not discuss the situation with Aug and his stubborn ass. Knowing Aug he'd probably turn down the offer and try to do all the extra hard work to get hisself in the door.

I pulled up to the studio excitedly tugging at Aug shirt. Aug furrowed both of his eyebrows.

"Wea da'fuck we at?"

I completely ignored August, and grabbed his hand leading him to the front door. I knocked on the door, and Ciara answered.

"Hey guys, come in." Ciara greeted us.

Ciara and I hugged eachother, and then she lead us to the studio where Chris was recording New Flame. August eyes widened as he seen Chris.

"What da hell goin' on?" Aug asked, sounding confused.

Ciara gave me a confused look. Ciara pulled my arm leading me into the hallway.

"You didn't tell him Jewel?" Ci folded her arms.

I looked down at my cheetah print flats. "Nope, I wanted to surprise him."

Ciara shook her head. "Now what if he doesn't want to do? You had me tell Chris he's up for it."

I nervously bit my bottom lip. "He will, just wait on it."

Ciara wobbled back into the studio room. "We'll see about that."

I followed Ciara back into the room. Chris took the beats off and walked out of the booth with a big ass grin on his face.

"Baby this is August, and Jewel." Ciara introduced us to Chris.

I gave Chris a hug and smiled. I can't believe I just met Chris Brown, It's always been a dream to meet him and today that dream has officially became true.

August and Chris dapped hands. "I've heard a lot bout ya man." Chris said to August.

I licked my lips, and nervously rocked back and forth on my feet.

"Is that right?" Aug furrowed an eyebrow. "What all have you heard bout me?"

"Can y'all excuse us for a min, while I talk to August." Chris asked.

I followed Ciara out the studio room as she closed the door behind us.

August.

I'm lost as fuck, I honestly don't know what da'fuck goin' on right na. I took a seat across from Chris as we talked.

"My girl Ci told me you can sing, is that right?"

I shrugged my shoulders. Now I know where this going, Jewel the only person who has heard me sing besides my fam.

"I guess I can do a little something." I chuckled.

Chris nodded his head. "You mind if I hear you sing something?"

I licked my lips as I quickly thought of a song to sing. I cleared my throat once I thought of a song to sing.

"Must be nice

Having someone who understands the life you live

Must be nice

Having someone who's slow to take and quick to give

Must be nice

Having someone who sticks around when the rough times get thick

someone who's smile is bright enough to make the projects feel like a mansion

Must be nice

Having someone who loves you despite your faults

Must be nice

Having someone who talks the talk but also walks the walk

Must be nice

Having someone who understands that a thug has feelings too

someone who loves you for sho'

you just remember to never let 'em go."

Chris threw his hands up for me to stop. Chris jumped up and clapped his hands together grinning from ear to ear.

"Bro you sound dope as shit, I can work with you."

Deep down inside I was jumping up and down for joy, but I'm a nigga I don't express that shit. I know how to keep my cool.

"Oh word? Forreal?" I asked sounding shocked.

Chris nodded his head.

"Can you come through tomorrow? We can start you off with a little vocal lessons."

I nodded my head yeah. "I'll see you tomorrow then mane." I dapped his hand.

"4:30 cool bro?"

I nodded my head.  "Fa'sho, thanks mane."

I walked out the studio with a big ass grin on my face. Knowing Jewel she probably freakin' out and shit thinkin' i'm mad at her. Jewel ass don't know when we get in the house, she gon fuckin' get it man. I love her ass 100 times mo' fa dis shit. A nigga dreams rey' come to reality.