"But you, you're the alpha

"But you, you're the alpha."

"Not on the field. I'm a human on the field."

"Not to be a downer, but human-you isn't doing too hot," Sierra told Scott honestly. "And I know you think it's cheating, but maybe you could use your some of your senses to at least make a few shots."

"You deserve to be captain," Stiles agreed wholeheartedly. "And I don't like seeing this little freshman come in and steal all of your glory after you worked your butt off. I hate it!"

"Wait, I thought you liked Liam?" Scott looked at Sierra expectantly.

"I do," Sierra confirmed, nodding her head. "But I'm also your best friend who wants to see you succeed. Don't take that the wrong way; I'm not saying to trample the kid and break his leg, but maybe show him why you are such a great captain."

"That's good, that's good advice," Stiles smiled proudly. "This is why I date you."

"For my pep talks?" Sierra asked, amused.

"Well that, and your kisses are pretty nice too," he teased, leaning forward to gently kiss her forehead. "We'll see you after, okay?"

"Kay," Sierra sighed but offered Scott an encouraging smile. "Good luck."

"Thanks, apparently I need it more than I thought."

The two boys jogged back towards Coach Finstock, who yelled at everyone to hustle over. Sierra rejoined Kira and Malia in the bleachers, hoping the next drill would let Scott show his heart and potential for the game. "How'd it go?" Malia asked once she sat down.

"Good, I guess," Sierra replied, wringing her hands together as she watched Coach talk to them. "But I think things are about to turn around for the better."

Kira tilted her head, "Why do you say that?"

Sierra smiled, seeing her best friends head towards the goal together with long sticks. "Because they're about to play together in this two-on-one drill."

"That's a good thing, right?" Malia had given up on her math, her notebook now closed in her lap.

"Definitely."