1

Gleeful hazel eyes intensely watched as the roaring blue water hit the luxurious pale sand.

This is the perfect scenery. The small woman thought as she drew what she witnesses. She used a variety of color pencils that help draw her masterpiece.

Every morning she walks the short distance from her apartment that's on the edge of downtown Chicago. To draw a different Lake Michigan every time she goes. She always found something new about the alluring lake.

The wind was picking up and she thought it was best that she went home. She collected her items placing them in her black messenger bag. Getting up she happily started on her way home.

Today was a celebration. Today was the day her older sister Kayla was born.

The girl Nola adored her sister. The older sister was always a rebel, and she knew her younger sister would always come to scolded her. She once took it so far that it still leaves a sour taste to the Light family name.

As Nola walked down the streets that she remembers by heart, she starts to hum a little tune and think about tonight.

Maybe I'll find a date tonight? She thought as she adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder.

But you'll run him off with your reckless mouth. Her inner thoughts said to her. Hitting at a soft topic that constantly invades Nola 's mind.

Deep into her thoughts, she stopped paying attention to her surroundings and walked mindlessly on.

A couple block down a tall Sicilian man in a black jazz style suit leaning on a black Ford Model A truck smoking a cigarette.

The steel grey eyes that's constantly stony was observing every aspect of the street. Andre lifted he arm to look at his watch to see the time.

5:30am is what his watch told him.

He was at the warehouse early; Andre was one to always over prepare for a deal. He eyes glazed over the street, a docking port on 7th Avenue is where he usually handles his business to import Whiskey and Vodka.

Today was like no other scoping the streets to see if there are unseen enemies until he notices a small person walking up to him in a hurry.

He curiously watched as the body got closer is when he noticed that it was a woman. Her long kinky raven hair flew all over the place as she clutched a cover to her body.

She was looking all over the place, but he could tell she was a colored girl due to her caramel face that looked everywhere but what was in front of her.

She was hauling a bag that had stray brushes hanging loosely from it.

He watched as she walked right into him. Immediately his eyes were met with warm honey ones that was rimmed with circle glasses.

Nola bumping into the beautiful stranger she couldn't help but stare. His black hair was gelled to the back which complaints his striking features.

His sharp jawline complimented his grey almond shape eyes, his long nose met base with his plump pink lips

He was blessed by God in Nola' s opinion, well until he opened his mouth and spoke.

" Little girl what are you doing by yourself at this time in the morning? " Andre asked as he quietly observed the stunning girl before him.

She was one of the most beautiful girls he ever seen, and Chicago was more than willing to flaunt the women they thought were fine upon any rich man doorstep.