Chapter 2: My Father, The Tyrant

Start from the beginning

I was a goddamn Alpha, so I need to get my shit together and face this bastard I called a father. He wanted something from me otherwise, he wouldn't have made up this charade.

"What do you want?" I said so bluntly.

His fake smile fell into an angry frown but a second later went straight back to his earlier form.

"Ha, ha, ha! You're so funny, dear." Wow. Does he not realize how fake his laugh sounds?

If you want something then make an effort old man!

I rolled my eyes and got down to business. It's about time I stood up for myself.

"So, what's my punishment for crashing Daisy?"

That's right, he named his car Daisy. He loved it more than his own mate, which is saying something.

His knuckles turned to an even whiter shade of...white.

"Daisy-smaisy!" He said through clenched teeth.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Okay, fine." He said with his face falling into a bored look. "Since I will be retiring in 3 days and I have to appoint an Alpha, I have decided to merge our packs! Hooray!" He even pumped his fist in the air.

I smirked. HA! I knew he wanted something from me! He needed my permission to give up my Alpha power to another Alpha!

My eyes widened in disbelief when his words actually sunk in.

"NO WAY! What?! How could you merge the pack with another when I will be becoming the packs Alpha!" I shouted in anger.

"You're not serious right? You an Alpha? I never said such disgusting things! You will give the new Alpha your power!" He made a disgusted face. His whole facade fell at that moment.

I was almost to tears with anger.

"I am the first born and I have the Alpha gene! How can you say you never said such things?! This is basically automatic!" I was enraged.

I stood up from my seat. "I am going to become Alpha and you're going to stop this merging packs thing this instance!" I threatened in my most 'Alpha' voice.

He slowly stood up from his seat with his eyes blazing red.

I could give two shits about his anger now. My pride and honor were at question.

I straightened my pose as he came to stand in front of me. He was only a couple inches taller than me, making him 6'2 with me at 5'8.

"You dare question me, girl? Your Alpha? You are going to obey me! You got that! Or would you like to get smacked in your face to get it through your head." He said kind of spitting on me.

I wonder why he didn't just use his Alpha voice to make me give it away. I probably have to give it away by choice. So, why is he ordering me now?

I went closer to his face until it was nose to nose. I picked up my finger and pointed it to his chest.

"You can't make me do shit. You got that old man. I will become Alpha and you will give me the title that is rightfully mine."

I could see the shock written across his face with how bold I was being.

I stepped away from him and left the office. I reached the front door and swung it open but stumbled over the threshold when I felt someone grab my arm and forcefully turn me around.

I heard it before I felt it. My hand flew up to my cheek, cradling it as I felt my eyes shift in between my wolf form and my human form. I was so enraged that I was shaking.

"You listen up, girl!" He said, sneering.

"I am still the Alpha and you do as I say and I say we are merging this pack with the Nocte pack!"

I gasped. Nocte? The Alpha of that pack is even worse than my father himself! And he knows it! How could he do that to his own pack members!

The Alpha, Shawn King, of the Nocte pack has gotten away with murder, treason, stealing the property of other werewolf lands and I even heard rumors of him getting away with rape. Basically the most dishonorable things you can do to a pack of werewolves. And my father wanted to bring that monster here?

Typical dad. Only thinking of himself. He is so self-absorbed that he doesn't even think about the consequences of bringing that douce-bag here.

I slowly clapped my hands and walked around my 'oh so' charming father.

By now, the whole pack was gathered around to see the commotion.

"Did you guys hear that?!" I said addressing my pack. I pointed my finger at him. "This! This is your Alpha! Do you really want him as your leader? A tyrant that doesn't give a shit about who you are?!"

I pointed to Mrs. Herbert who was the mother of the best warrior this pack has ever seen.

"Do you know her, 'dad'? Who is that?" My father looked blank.

"Well, don't keep your pack waiting?! Who is this member of your pack?"

"I was gonna speak!" He cleared his throat. "Um...Mrs., Mrs.," He then looked at Mrs. Herbert. "You are a Mrs., right? I mean your mate didn't die, did he?"

Many gasps went around the gathered group.

Right after he asked that, a wrinkly, old hand went around Mrs. Herbert's shoulder. The hand belonged to Mr. Herbert, her husband and mate. He glared at my father and shielded his wife away from him.

My father started to look a little sheepish. "Ahh Mrs., it is."

I shook my head. "Ladies and gentlemen, that is your leader." I said pointing at the sad excuse of a father and Alpha.

"You stupid girl! I don't need to prove anything to you!" He yelled, his face turning red.

"You, guard, come take this disappointment from my eyes." He pointed to Micheal, a tall and muscled guard who was also my friend.

Michael looked torn between choosing between me or my father.

I nodded my head indicating that I wanted him to arrest me so he wouldn't get in trouble. Besides, I wasn't planning on going to the cells just yet.

Planting my feet firmly on the ground I faced my father once more. "I challenge you, Alpha Roderick Gray, to a fight to the death and for the Alpha position."