42

I gasped as we pulled up in front of Megan's house because Adam was being restrained by a couple of officers and their step-father was being arrested.

Their mom was at the front door covering her face and I looked around for Megan but couldn't see her.

"Adam!" I shouted running towards him just getting out of Dom's car. He turned to me and his whole demeanor changed and he murmured something to the officers holding him and they let him go.

They had just walked off when I reached him.

"Where is Megan?" I asked looking around one more time for her.

"She's still in the house packing I told her no matter what stay in side." He said calmly and looking behind me. I knew Dom must be there. "You Dominic?" He asked nodding at him and looking him up and down.

"Yes. I heard you needed my truck for Megan's things." I turned into his arms relaxing now that I knew Megan was okay.

"Thank you. I didn't know how we were going to get her bed frame to the new apartment." He said nodding at him again. They were both staring at each other and I was a little uncomfortable but soon after the officers told Adam they were leaving he visibly relaxed even more and waved us to follow him inside.

We walked in and Dom handed him the keys to his truck and I left as they started talking about what happened and set off to find Megan.

I found her in her room and she was wiping tears away and sitting on the floor. "What are you doing? Why aren't you packing?" I asked making her head snap up to me and she gasped.

"Did Adam get arrested?" She asked standing and basically rushing to me.

"No, your step-dad did though." I said and hugged her tight. She hated when people saw her cry so I let her pull away quickly and she rushed to the bathroom and I started helping her pack up the small things.

"I take it Adam and Dominic are downstairs talking?" She asked and I heard laughing and then her little brothers came running in.

"Megan daddy is gone can't you stay now?" Hector asked pouting a bit seeing how we were still packing her things up.

"I'm sorry buddy but he will be back tomorrow and that means I still can't be here." She said scrubbing her hand through his hair gently.

"We promise to be better." Miles sounded as if he was about to start crying and looking at their faces I knew they were.

"I will visit whenever I can. This isn't about you guys. You guys have never been mean to me in a way that I will ever hate you. Remember that no matter what anyone tells you that I love you and I would never trade you two for anything. Not even if daddy says something like that. I love you both so much." She said getting on her knees and looking at both of them securely.

She pulled them into a huge hug and I knew I was intruding. I waited until she was done and opened her eyes. I gave hand gestures asking if it was okay to go and she nodded. I would text her later and I told her that too before escaping down the stairs.

"Is she okay?" Adam asked seeing me first.

"She through you were the one they took away but right now she is saying goodbye to the twins." I said sadly and he nodded looking down at his feet.

"Thanks again for the truck." Adam said looking up now with a hardened expression.

"I meant that job offer. I can fix something up with my boss if you want it." Dom said and I smiled at him before seeing Adam nod.

"I am going to see if there is something on campus first, but thanks man." He said and they sort of bro hugged and we left.

"Sorry." I whispered hugging his side as we got off the porch.