Prologue

Death

A five letter word that had always made every living being to be in a fear, such that nor had anyone been able to acknowledge it, by the wonders the life threw at them, or to discuss with anyone- for each had a pride to protect.

But now, so close to my death, I couldn't see my life being reviewed for me; I was thankful though. I never liked acknowledging those things which I never liked, I never talked about it to anyone, for I was scared what would the other person think?

May be even I was one of those 'protective of their pride' people. But now with my blood flowing through my head, all kind of panicky voices around me - I could all feel was a small smile on my lips and a contented heart.

How phenomenal it had always been, a few minutes, that's what it takes for things to change. One minute I was happy living some amazing moments which I would have shared with none; And the next - it just took me a blink of my eyes, a huge smile and a small shove to get out of the path, on the road to be knocked off by the huge truck.

But it didn't felt as described in those movies, air knocking off my chest, my world crumbling before me, things moving in a slow motion ... nothing.

It was all quick, as if the God just wanted to finish off with things related to me. And just like that, my once smiling face, did remained the same, with me almost flying in the sky for a minute and then landing with a huge thumb, only to not get up again.

The events had got me to peace. A moment as if gifted to me. The question - If I would be alive or not endlessly supporting me as my eyes would drop to sereneness. The blood still flowing around me, made me shiver at its sensation.

But then, I liked here. I wanted to be here, as I couldn't feel a thing; no pain, no happiness, no sorrows, no ill feelings for anyone nothing. I was a plain blank sheet, such that if any of the toddlers would have had their hands on me, they would have filled me with beautiful colors.

Somewhere through the happenings, there was something for which I was waiting. There was physical pain, a lot of it, but more than that I waited for something within me to be completed.

Rather than the perfect endings, things looked different, as the time would pass by I only felt as if I myself was an unknown self, things just couldn't be clicked, the way it always did. Who was I supposed to blame, there was none, each and every thing was for me to be blamed. But I stood or shall I say laid there a bit lifeless my breath shallow, waiting for that one more jab in my guts to let go off this life.

Instead The time ticked by, the pain increased a new fold, nevertheless a certain will within me had me hooked up there, to stop, to not let go of that heavy breath that stuck in my throat.

My body almost lifeless, with people around me calling out to the ambulances, some guessing my name all stood there, watching me, estimating what would happen to me. But all through the voices, one caught my attention. Other though futile and unclear, but this as clear as the pearl; A voice so old, fragile and curious that rang through my ears,

" life would lay its own cards, some smiles will give you happiness, some satisfaction, some a bit of pain... but the best is what you have to choose. Steps would echo around you, things would look perfect but alas they wouldn't, love would surround you, the right is what you have to choose and with each breath, you would be breathless. Then my child would be a time to decide, decide to smile and live or to smile and die on things that would be more beautiful."

It was sudden, the intake of breath as if everything was fine, my eyes opened for a moment a whole lot of people surrounded me, a flash of light burned my eyes, then there was a huge echo, echo of footsteps whose I didn't knew. The words rang in my ears as mantras and as they would end they would fade.

The need to hear them would increase an octave, but as my eyes tried to be open and search for the person it failed.

But there was a newfound will, I wanted to live, smile to have a new life, however all of a sudden amidst all the happening it came that, one jab for which I had waited for so long. But then that was earlier, now I wanted to live know what was it that had left for me, even with the happening, except it didn't ; for my breath left my system, a pain of that moment which gave me peace, while I accepted the end.

And as I wanted to be a free soul, to be where I wanted, along with my parents happy, but never had I reckon, what a bitch death was.