Chapter 33: Isabella's P.O.V

Start from the beginning

I slowly turned around to face Jason. I ran back over to him and gave him a massive hug. He pulled me close to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a deep sigh.

 He pulled me close to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a deep sigh

"I was mad at you for not being at school today. And a lot of other things too. I was going to leave. I don't know where, I was just leaving. But I can't leave you." I told him with confidence, making a decision. Whether it was the right one, well, I'll just have to wait and see.

"Let me take you back to my house. I want to show you something." Jason took my hand in his and started to lead me away.

———
Jason unlocked the door and stepped back so I could walk in. I've never been to his house before, now I come to think about it. It was a small, humble house, different from the huge one that I lived in. It was nice and calming.

I walked through into his kitchen and saw Alexis sitting at the table. I gasped and whirled around to face Jason.

My face turned red with anger and confusion. I slapped him round the face. "You spent the day with my best friend?! You skipped school so you could hang out with my best friend!! Did you kiss her? Have sex? Oh what the hell, we weren't even dating. Why would I care?"

Lexi burst out laughing while Jason held his sore cheek with a small smile on his face. I let out a low growl. How could they laugh? I should have just left. They really don't care.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" I yelled. I stormed out of the kitchen and towards the front door. I threw the door open and- it wasn't the front door.

It was the sitting room door. Except, it was decorated. A huge banner was strung above the TV. There were balloons flying around and on the floor. Suddenly, I was covered in confetti and I looked up and saw Lexi standing on the sofa with confetti in her hands. I turned to face the banner again.

Will you be my girlfriend, Isabella Cole?

Omg, I screwed up. Big time.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jason asked, appearing at my side. I looked at him with tears filling my eyes and nodded a simple yes.

There was suddenly an ear piercing scream from above us as a load more confetti landed on our heads. Lexi jumped down from the sofa and threw herself onto me, pushing me over, causing her to land on top of me.

"Lexi!!" I yelled while laughing and wiping away a few of tears. She rolled off of me and Jason helped me up, pulling my hand so our bodies were touching. He leant down and brought his lips slowly onto mine and I couldn't help smiling as we heard another squeal and saw Lexi covering her eyes.

And then my phone rang.

I groaned and answered it, connecting it to face time.
Felix's face popped up on the screen, surrounded by Mason, Leo and Joseph. No sign of Dad though.

"Where the fuck are you?!" Felix screamed in anger.

"Felix! What happened to being calm?" Joseph snapped back.

"Shut the fuck up." He told Joseph. "Where are you?"

I turned the camera towards Jason and he took the phone off me, guessing I didn't want to talk to them. I sat down on the sofa and waited while Jason explained.

"So she's not hurt?" I heard someone ask.

"Okay, I'm coming to pick her up." That was definitely Felix.

———
I sat in the passenger seat as Felix drove us home. He hadn't really talked to me, I don't know what he's thinking.

"Dad's gone to Italy for a while. For business." Felix blurted out. "He left after you went to school."

I sat up straight and stared at my older brother. "He- he- what? how long?"

"I don't know. I don't care either. Just thought you should know." He answered simply. I swallowed in shock.

"Can you stop the car? I think I'm going to
throw up." I whispered, holding onto my stomach. Felix pulled over wordlessly and I opened the door, just making it outside in time. He came round and held my hair back as I threw up on the side of the road.

So Dad really doesn't care, does he? Actually no. He does care. He cares about his goddamn mafia. The Red Lions. The only goddam thing he cares about.

I don't even care anymore. He can do whatever the fuck he likes. I've got my brothers, my best friend and my boyfriend. And they're not going anywhere.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K