♡ 12 ♡

I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes and a pounding headache.

It had been a long time since I cried myself to sleep.

I sat up and looked at the alarm clock beside my bed. The tour bus arrives in 2 hours, which means I have 2 and a half hours to get my shit together. I quickly put on a t-shirt and shorts and packed a little backpack for later on. God knows how this morning will go.

I stood up and headed downstairs for the kitchen. Music was playing and everyone had gathered there including Lindy and some other unfamiliar faces.

As soon as I walked in, Anthony ran up to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Sleep well, sweetheart?" He whispers, kissing my temple and brushing some hair out of my face.

I shot a look at John over Anthony's shoulder. He had Toni in his arms, the two of them swaying to the music. I wonder if she kept her promise.

John eyes meet mine and I look away quickly.

"Love?" says Anthony, pulling away.

"Oh, sorry," I say. "I slept fine. We having a party or somethin?" I smile nervously, looking at the small crowd of people in the large kitchen.

"Nah, just a little get together, before we say our goodbyes." He smiles.

For the next couple of hours, he introduces me to some of his friends, and I wonder whether I'll stay here long enough to see them again. At this point I just want to go home. Back to my real home.

A couple of hours pass and before I know it, people are weaving in and out of the house, taking luggage outside. It's time to say goodbye.

I give Chad a big hug. "Stay safe, kid." He smiles.

Flea and I look at each other. I thought about how much he had given me, and how little I ever returned. I hug him like it's the last time. "Hey, it's alright Ash. I'll call you."

I nod and dry my eyes before Flea and Chad walk out the door.

"Bye Ash." I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. He's wearing a blue sweater and tugging at the sleeves. He leans in and hugs me. That asshole didn't even have the decency to ignore me. He just acts like everything is normal. 

"Bye." I say, avoiding eye contact. He places his hand on my shoulder. "I'll c-... I'll, um, see you later I guess."

I nod and he turns around to say goodbye to his girlfriend. There's that feeling in my stomach again. 

He then walks out the door too. Walking out of my life.

Anthony places his hands on my waist. "You remember what to do, darling?" He whispers.

I wish I didn't. Maybe I could just stay here and not go through with this crazy plan.

Instead I just nod. "Yep. The driver will be here in 30 minutes. He'll take me to the hotel in Phoenix."

"Good girl." He smiles. "It's a long drive. You gonna be okay?"

I nod again and he kisses my forehead. We hug one last time before he grabs his bag and goes outside.

"I love you, Natasha!" He shouts from the door of the bus.

I giggle and wave before he disappears into the vehicle. It's just Toni and I now.

By the time I check my purse and haul my suitcase from it's hiding place, the chaperone is here.

"Thanks again, Toni." I say, giving her a big hug. "I owe you one."

"Don't mention it. Just have fun. I'll be fine."

She smiles and I realize how beautiful she is, not only through her kindness but... physically. No wonder she's got John wrapped around her finger. A wave of guilt washes over me and I feel sick.

The doorbell rings and I sigh and answer the door.

"Hey, I'm Randy." The stranger says.

I smile and shake his hand. He looks different to what I had expected. He has a messy mohawk and is wearing a grey t-shirt. He tells me how he's am assistant to the band, taking Clara to school sometimes, doing laundry, stuff like that.

He helps me with my luggage and before I know it, we're on the road, listening to the Eagles with the windows down.

I've never been to the desert before. It's the most beautiful place on Earth. The blue sky on the red dirt, the rocky terrain.

For a moment, I can forget about it all.

A/N: i can't believe people are still reading this. i love you ♥