♡ 9 ♡

January 20th, 1989

Two days before the tour

I woke up that morning really wishing that I hadn't. Every day that passed was a step closer to mayhem.

There had been many a sleepless night for weeks. Anthony told me not to tell ANYONE about our plans. It didn't feel good lying to my friends. Especially John.

I sat up so my back was against the wall, but I stayed under the covers. There was an empty suitcase on the end of my bed, and the door was open.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. John walked into the room, carrying what seemed to be clothes.

"John, what are you doing?" I groaned, still half asleep.

He looked at me and smirked. "Packing my shit. Some of my clothes are still in your closet, and my room's a mess so I thought I'd do it in here. I didn't wake you up dear, did I?"

"No, I didn't even hear you," I smiled. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Not really. I couldn't stop thinking about... stuff." He said, shoving his t-shirts into the case.

"Me too. Hey, let me help you out. You're doing it all wrong." I laughed, getting out of bed.

"No I'm not! What's wrong with how I'm doing it?"

"You're just shoving your clothes in there! Let me help you." I took the clothes out of the case, throwing them onto the bed.

"Fine, smart-ass, show me how it's done." He laughed.

He sat down on the bed and handed me t-shirts as I folded them neatly in the suitcase.

"See?" I said, focusing on my folding. "It's not that hard." 

After a moment of silence, I looked up from the suitcase, with John staring at me and smiling.

"What?" I laughed. 

"I don't know. I like your hair like that. All messy and curly." He smiled.

"Really?" I blushed and tucked a piece behind my ears.

"Yeah. You look really beautiful in the morning, when you've just woken up."

I bit my lip and looked at the floor. "You're full of shit, John."

He threw a shirt at me and we both laughed. I picked up the shirt and smiled. It was a beautiful Jimi Hendrix t-shirt with the Axis: Bold as Love album cover on it.

"Wow, this is so pretty."

"Have it, Tash."

I looked at him and he smiled.

"No, I mean, I can't take this John."

He moved closer and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Please have it, love. Maybe it'll make you miss me less, when I'm gone."

I looked into his gorgeous, big brown eyes. "Nothing will make me miss you less than I already will, John."

He sighed and hugged me tight. "This isn't fair. You shouldn't have to be alone. You should be with m-"

He looked down and let go of me. "You should be with your boyfriend."

"Hey," I said holding his hand. "The universe just gave me a home, and the bestest friends in the entire world. And I am so fucking grateful, John. This tour is going to change your lives and allow you to make your dreams a reality." I smiled.

He squeezed my hand. "You're right. But bestest isn't a word."

"Fuck off!" I laughed, letting go of his hand. "I just gave you one of the best pep talks of all time!" 

"I know, I know," he smiled. "Do you always make everything better, Tash?"

"Yep." I giggled.

He sighed and rested his forehead against mine. "How am I gonna do this without you, love?"

"You'll be fine, John. I promise!" 

He pulled away. "No, no. I have to make this right. You have to come with us. With me."

A/N: Damn you guys waited months and you got such a shitty chapter lololol sorry :)