Chapter Eight: Did Not Say to Drug Her

Start from the beginning

"What're we gonna do?" Klaus whispered. "I don't think he's doing so peachy."

"You..." Luther struggled for words. "Never mind." he sighed.

"How about we have him sleep?" Ben said, glancing again from the boy to the swaying trees. "God knows we could all use it."

"I like his plan," Diego said, pointing to his brother. As he watched, Bens' eyes flashed. He was reminded of their fight earlier.

"Agreed," Klaus added.

"First, before we even worry about Jordan," Luther said, his voice strained. "We need to figure something out with Vanya. It's a miracle she's slept this long, but she'll wake up sooner than later. We have to be prepared."

"We aren't locking her up," Allison said sharply.

"Definitely not." said Klaus firmly.

Luther pressed his lips together. "Then what do you suggest?"

Behind them, Jordan reined in his laughter; the red eyes and hiccups the only sign he'd ever delved into such a hysterical state. He eyed the outside world, grinning when the trees stood still. He'd controlled it. A smidge.

"Why not keep her under until Monday? Then, my mom 'n' Ron will be gone, and I 'pose I can take the day off. I'll tell Tate 'm coming down with the flu." Jordan grinned wider. "He hates the flu."

The Hargreeves siblings exchanged looks. "It's not a half bad plan," Luther said. (Five tucked away the fact that Jordan shortened sentences when nervous. It was cute—fucking hell.)

"Can we keep her under for the next two days, though?" said Ben.

"Probably," Klaus shrugged. "We can always find her some drugs."

"We are not drugging her!" Allison said indignantly.

Klaus held up his hands in surrender, shrugging again. "That's just what Jordan said," he defended. Jordan blinked.

"Not what I said. Did not say to drug her."

Five chuckled. Jordan smiled to himself; he'd made him laugh. Made him laugh!

"Then how are we to keep her under for another two days?" Luther asked. He was tapping his knee in a strange rhythm, brow scrunched in thought.

Klaus shrugged, grinning like an idiot. "I suppose your ape-like strength will have to do!" He cackled, sounding a bit like Jordan had before.

Luther glared and punched his brother. "Shut up,"

Klaus giggled again, then fell silent.

After a pause of rather awkward silence, Jordan stood up; his joints creaked, and this almost sent Klaus down Giggle-Lane.

"I should probably get some sleep," Jordan said, stacking the empty plates. "I'll have breakfast for you guys as quick as I can. My mom will be gone by eleven at the latest—she goes to some prostitution place, I don't know—and won't be back until Sunday. Tate is coming over around noon to see Ron."

Jordan stopped at the staircase, turning. His eyes scanned over all of their faces—Allison's dark skin, Klaus's wide-eyed solemnity, Ben's jaded innocence—and stopped at Five. In a flash, the feeling of Five touching his jaw, of him wearing his clothes, of him sitting on his bed in his boxers, it all flushed over him. A thick, fiery feeling curled in his stomach.

"You'll have to be careful anyways. Ron may be sad, but he's observant. He'll notice if there's sound." Jordan tore his attention off of the boy, who most likely had noticed. "Good night."

"Good night," Allison and Ben said. Jordan smiled and left, the door closing shut quietly. After a second, the light flicked off.

The six sat in the dark, still. Their respective emotions—fear, worry, wonder, confusion, embarrassment at something they didn't know—was practically rocking the walls. So much of it.

Then, Allison found her bed. Soon enough, Luther crawled in beside her, their backs brushing. Klaus and Ben curled up together in a nest of blankets (they looked a bit like two scruffy birds), while Diego pulled a comforter around him. Five went to the window, staring outside for the supposed intruder.

His mind, however, was focused on the boy in the kitchen, washing dishes, and how he felt about him.

A/N:

So this one was boring too...
It should start picking up more soon? Idk, I'm trying to show Jordan and Five's relationship along with how just unprepared the Hargreeve siblings are for this and all these other things that advance characters and things I'm sorryyyyy

But I hope you enjoyed this anyways and have a lovely day!