Chapter 18

Billie's POV

I dawdled outside the house as Dad locked the door behind me, watching Finneas and the driver pile suitcases onto the huge bus.

The twins jogged towards us all, greeting Rose with a hug as they all burst into excited, animated conversation.

I tried not to focus on how close Ethan stood to her.

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I pulled it out, unlocking it and opening up my Instagram notifications. It was blowing up ever since I dropped the album, so I went on my tagged photos to like a few fan posts.

I laughed to myself as I saw a couple of edits of me and some guy at the Experience a couple nights ago. I wasn't really sure who he was, but quite a lot of fans were convinced we were dating, somehow. I threw a couple likes out there to make them even more sceptical before I felt a hand land on my shoulder.

Quickly glancing up, I saw Finneas standing behind me, looking at the bus.

"So, that's our home for the next however-long, huh?"

We both chuckled, shaking our heads at how crazy this is. This tour is going to be so much bigger than we anticipated.

I can't wait.

"How was last night? Did Rose get on alright? I feel so bad that she doesn't really know anyone here, I keep forgetting because she slotted in so well. We really gotta keep an eye out for her on this tour," he muttered, looking to the side to see Rose and the twins laughing about something.

I tried to surprise my smirk, glancing down at my rings as the bus driver called for everyone to board. "Yeah, she got on just fine."

The album blaster through the speakers on the bus as we all sat around the table in the back room, singing and laughing as we made our way to the first venue in Indio.

Which happened to be Coachella.

The twins and Claudia were especially excited, blabbering on about what outfits they were going to wear and what glitter they'd brought and whatever.

Excusing myself from the table, I made my way back into the centre of the bus and wandered upstairs towards the bedroom. It was a three-hour drive, so if you think I'm gonna sit down there and listen to people talk about Coachella before we even get to Coachella, you're an idiot.

I sighed once I reached my bunk, sliding open the curtain to get to my backpack, rummaging through it to find some form of entertainment before I heard a soft voice from behind me.

"Hey."

Quickly glancing over my shoulder, I jokingly put my hand against my chest, exhaling and puffing my cheeks out. "You scared the shit outta me, bro," I laughed as Rose came and sat beside me on the bed, smiling and shaking her head at me.

"Not in the mood for Coachella talk?"

"Nah," I muttered, carrying on looking through my bag. "I'll have had enough of Coachella by the time we're there."

Rose laughed softly, playing with her fingers. "I've never been to Coachella. Or any festival, really," she said, smiling as I gaped at her. "It isn't really something you do in England. Not something I'd wanna do, anyway, not in weather like that."

I grinned at her, scrunching up my nose at the idea of her being home in England.

"Little posh English baby," I mumbled, laughing to myself quietly, as I zipped up my backpack and placed it on my pillow, turning to look at Rose as she fiddled with a loose string on my sweats.

She seemed to be deep in thought.

"You okay in there?" I questioned, smiling as her eyes met mine.

She laughed breathily and nodded, apologising and standing up.

"We should probably go and join them again, now. Don't wanna look suspicious," she teased, winking at me quickly before wandering out of the room.

Damn... If this whole thing is secret, then that's gonna be one hell of a hard secret to keep.