Chapter 39

I smacked my hand down on the snooze of my alarm for the third time in what seemed like a minute, but once I felt Rose's chin rest against my arm I knew I had to wake up.

Well... Eventually.

I heard her sigh as I kept my eyes shut, her arm wrapping around my waist as she pressed herself against my back. Her lips softly kissed each little freckle along my shoulder, her soft humming vibrating against my skin.

"Billie," she whispered delicacy into the soft silence, her fingertips dancing over the curve of my waist.

I ignored her.

It's 5am bro, give me a break.

I felt her chuckle under her breath against my skin, nipping my shoulder quickly with her teeth as a hint of a smile tugged at my lips. She noticed.

"Baby," she hummed louder this time, wrapping her arms tight around my waist and kissing my neck behind my ear. "Get your lazy ass up right now. We'll miss our flight."

My eyebrows furrowed as I cracked my eyes open slightly to turn and glare at the girl, the smile on her lips contradicting the roll of her eyes.

"Your beautiful lazy ass. Now, get up Eilish."

Pulling my hood up over my head, I sighed, leaning my cheek against Rose's shoulder, glancing down at her phone. She was looking at the hotel I think, but my eyes were too blurry to even focus on the tiny screen.

I absentmindedly let them flutter shut as we stood in the never-ending queue, Rose's hand reaching behind to slide into my hoodie pocket and hold my own.

"This is why we don't stay up all night writing, Bil," Rose whispered, turning her head to press a kiss to my cheek. I groaned and buried my face against her neck before she squeaked, quickly grabbing the bags and running over to the lady in the little airport booth as I tried to stop myself from losing my balance.

Lazily grabbing the rest of the bags, I saw Rose hurriedly gesture for me to come over, and I dawdled along until I was next to her again, throwing a sleepy smile at the lady checking my passport. She chuckled, doing something behind the desk before handing the passports back to Rose and wishing us a safe flight.

After what seemed like hours and hours of queuing and waiting, sitting and standing around, getting our passports and putting them away, we were finally on the plane.

I collapsed dramatically into my seat, Rose sitting next to me delicately like she always does, laughing at me quietly as she put her backpack under her chair.

"I can't believe you made us sit in economy."

Rose rolled her eyes as I glanced around the plane, sliding further down into my seat.

"It's only for a few hours. I'm sure you'll survive, baby."

It was quiet for a couple minutes whilst the flight crew talked through the boring shit that no one listens to.

Apart from Rose apparently.

And everyone else in economy.

I sighed again, loud enough for Rose to hear, and I saw her glance at me before she sighed too, quieter.

"Billie," she whispered once the flight attendants were nearly done. "I know you don't like economy, but you booked literally the most expensive hotel in all of Hawaii. We can't do first class as well."

I scoffed, playing with my phone as Rose carried on watching me, knowing I wasn't done. "I wasn't going to book first class..." I started, my girlfriend's eyes narrowing as she looked at me suspiciously. "I was gonna book a private jet."

The rest of the plane ride was painstakingly uneventful.

The food was gross, the seats were cramped, and Rose wouldn't even let me touch her like she did sometimes in first class.

Fuck economy.

Our car pulled up to the hotel about an hour after we started driving.

And, let me tell you. This was the biggest, most beautiful hotel I've ever seen.

Palm trees lined the huge, glass building, with a rainbow of tropical plants surrounding us - the beach opposite, rainforests behind.

I was in awe.

I felt Rose come up behind me as I heard her cutely thank the driver, setting the bags down as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Get ready for a whole week to ourselves, baby."