Chapter: Forty

Chapter Forty: One
Narrator

The home Vale and Jessa share as a family was almost unrecognizable as flowers and gathered silk fabrics elegantly draped and decorated everything. The furniture was removed form the large sitting room and in their place sat rows of chairs filled with various friends and family members....This would be a small intimate occasion to display the love for one another, not a showy event to announce anything.

As Vale got into his suit and paced about in one of the guest rooms, Jessa nervous yet giddy (in their bedroom) wiggled about in her chair as a lady worked on her hair, and another on her make-up; a photographer snapping various pictures constantly...this was something that Everest had suggested.

"I should have had a wedding party." Jessa said taking in a deep breath to calm herself down.

"It isn't needed." Brooke said sweetly.

"Yeah, you'll be the center of attention this way." Briar added.

"That's honestly what I didn't want." Jessa sighed a little.

"You'll be fine and everyone will be watching you AND Vale today." Everest amended gently, "...so just try and remember that you won't be alone up there, Vale will be right by your side from this day forward."

She smiled and felt as the weight of the wedding was lifted off of her.

"We'd better get going." Flora said with a gentle smile before handing Jessa her bouquet.

She stood up and the four sisters looked at the lovely woman their brother (and brother in law) had fallen in love with, "Welcome to the family." Everest said softly before the three sisters embraced their soon to be sister in law.

With a moment alone Jessa took in her reflection and smiled.

She couldn't begin to believe that this was her life.

She thought she had lost love when she found out her mate had passed. She had given up on Romance and genuine happiness, and never dreamed she'd have a family of her own...then She met Vale.

He had unknowingly healed her, lifted her up in every way, allowed her to blossom and grow into a person she never thought herself capable of. She had liked herself before...but loved herself entirely now.

Where as he had become an extension of the man he was before, he was beyond blessed with his life despite the road getting a little rocky along the way. Jessa knew him fully and embraced him without a second thought.

A light knock sounded on the doors of both Jessa and Vale.

"Vale...it's time." His brother Ash had sounded.

Vale smiled and confidently nodded his head before he followed his brother out of the room and down the stairs to the impromptu reception area.

He made his way up the aisle and his brother offered him a pat on the back as a silent 'you got this.' Once he took his spot at up in the front he greeted the council member who would be officiating by shaking his hand and thanking him for coming out. Then he turned, looked out at everyone he knew, took in a deep breath, and patiently waited.

"Jessa honey..." Jessa's mom had sounded as she let herself into the room.

She turned and embraced her mom.

"You ready to get into your dress?"

Jessa nodded excitedly.

Together the mother and daughter worked carefully to pull the stunning gown over her head. Jessa had been stressing about her mother seeing her in the somewhat risqué lingerie she'd chosen specifically for the mating this evening...but the new stress and worry of possibly getting makeup on the dress or messing up her hair outweighed the underwear situation.