Prologue

"Mates..." She smiled a little, pulling her jacket closed just a little tighter. "I always wondered who you'd be...kinda took you forever to come around."

I shrugged trying my best to appear as cool as possible, "I've always sorta done things my own way."

She nodded, Her gorgeous face now filled with a sad smile and she sighed. "Why couldn't I have met you a few months earlier Vale?"

I watched as her eyes filled with sadness, tears now brimming her eyes.

"You're married?" I asked, of course I had always suspected my Mate would belong to someone else since it had taken so long to find her.

She shook her head.

I looked at her, she really was beautiful.

"I don't see any ring, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're not engaged or anything...wait, you into girls?"

"No," She gave a small wet chuckle as her tears fell now, she wiped at her face, "none of that."

I sighed, "Well I wish you would tell me what's wrong..." I said as I stepped forward a little. I just wanted to reach out and caress her face...just touch her so she could ease my wolf and reaffirm she's real. "I can't be a good mate to you if you won't let me in."

"You don't want me as a mate." She countered with a shake of her head and a small step back.

I was confused, "Just tell me what's going on and whatever it is  I'm sure we can work through it together...-"

"We would never be like most couples...I guarantee people will talk."

"No two mates couples are alike ya know." I said softly. "And people already talk."

She looked up at me, Her gorgeous face crumbled, "I'm pregnant."

==========

A/N:

Welcome to My Mate's Joy, I hope you enjoy it, this is the spinoff story of my "Crazy Little" Series (Crazy Little Thing Called Mate & His Crazy Little Luna) This is the first story in a series where it is essentially it's own stand alone book, meaning you don't have to read the Crazy Little series first but it is preferred to already know who the character Vale is and know his back story. It also means that there will be no sequel for this story...I may continue the series with another character(s) but that's still to be determined whereas I know this one will be a one and done book.

Alpha Vale Kirkshaw: Bill Skarsgård

Nico Pruitt: Nico Tortorella

Shelby Hawthorne: Karen Gillan

Jessa Reeves:  Holland Roden