Chapter Eight - VIP

***Before you read any further, please note that this chapter contains sexual content! Read at your own discretion!***

I am having the best time of my life right now. Dancing, drinking and talking with friends. I'm starting to open up to the idea of actually staying in California because I'm liking the new person I'm becoming. Maybe, it's the California air but I feel as if I'm transforming into a better version of myself. A new cool, laid back, free spirit type of person.

The party has been going on for about two hours but right now Day'quan and I watch Toya and Bri kiss. A kiss that we dared them to do. It's sensual and slow, leaving Day'quan and myself speechless. They stop kissing and look back at us. Before Toya can dare one of us to do something, she eyes someone out the window and says, "I think Malcolm's leavin'."

We turn to the window and see Malcolm by himself pulling off in a Lyft. Bri voices, "I knew this wasn't his type of party. That's why I didn't invite him in the first place. He didn't even stay long enough to sing Happy Birthday to you, Day'quan."

"It's all good. Maybe something happened and he had to go." Day'quan chimes in.

"I'll give him a call later," I say, slightly stumbling over my words.

"Baby, I think you need to slow down on the Jack," Toya mentions because she is worried that I may have had too much to drink.

Toya and I decided to make it Facebook official a few days back. We've been talking and getting to know each other for over a week and I'm starting to really like her. Every day after detention this week, Toya has been waiting for me. I would walk her home, hang out for a while then go home, just in time for my curfew.

Our relationship isn't the only thing that is made official this week. Day'quan, Andre, Xavier, and Panda make up. Panda apologize for jumping in the middle of Day'quan argument with Bri and the other two apologize for trying to gang up him. Day'quan also apologizes. The boys are somewhere in the party, enjoying themselves as well.

"You really fo' yo' gifts and cake boo?" Bri questions Day'quan.

"Hell yeah!" He shouts.

Bri walks to the DJ booth, grabs a microphone and ask for everyone's attention.

"I jus' wanna wish my baby, Day'quan Harris, a very Happy Birthday! You've done so much fo' me ova the last few years and I jus' wanna sho' you how much I love you for that!" She declares. "Come up here wit' me, bae!"

 "Come up here wit' me, bae!"