Wet dream bastard.

Mildred

"Our flight's in one hour," My voice comes out shaky as I take a seat next to Khloe in the airport waiting area. She's holding Angel in her arms who's taking a nap.

Her big beautiful eyes are squeezed shut as she nuzzles in her mother's chest and I know she's trying to fall asleep. She must be shaken too. She's always been more aware of emergencies despite her young age, she'd been exposed to them since she was born. Her mother, on the other hand, is stroking her hair softly but I can see her fingers shaking as they dig into her baby's curls.

I stretch out my arm and hold her free hand, "Breathe, Khloe. "

She shakes her head painfully and I can tell she's trying to be strong for her daughter.

"I still can't believe I'm on my way to Canada! I just can't get it all in." She whispers and I reach out and dig my fingers into her hair, soothing her scalp.

"We'll be fine," I try to believe it too, "Just relax,okay?"

Khloe leans back on her seat as her shoulders fall, a result of my massaging hand.
"I don't know if I can make this. Gabe is..." she swallows hard the lump I know is growing in her throat.

"Hey, look at me. Everything is going to be okay, you just have to be strong. For Angel. " I try to encourage her as much as I can.

But instead she looks at me with piercing eyes. "Okay?" Air quoting it, "I'm tired of you saying that. Nothing's going to be okay, I just happen to be responsible for all this."

"Not this again. You're not responsible for anything!"

"I slowed him down, and now he's..." she chokes up in tears but regains composure in seconds, "Mildred, I'm getting on a plane to a place I've never been to before, there are these bad guys trynna fuck up my life and my daughter's and I have no clue how and where I'm going to start over with less than 50K dollars! I had a great life! I finally got that promotion and I was saving up for Angel's future. Then Gabe decided to..."

"OK...Shh!...Relax! Maybe it's not right to let you stay in an apartment alone,uh..Why not... come stay with me at Grand Mama's?" my offer comes out in slow short sentences, knowing her reaction to staying under the same roof with her ex and the one man she's been absolutely crazy for -my miserable brother.

"What? Wooden spoon lady? No thank you, I'm better alone in a crappy apartment, sleeping with rats, jobless, living on ramen noodles!" I watch her nose twitch before she adds, "Besides, your brother is there. It will be... so... awkward." hard, she means.

"What? Why? He's in Utah, engaged to be married in four months. And, I mean, I get the jobless part but you're like a billionaire now."

Khloe chuckles lightly, "I get you're trying to cheer me up, but this ain't really the time for jokes."

I roll my eyes," You don't have to act in front of me."

I watch as her eyebrows arch and she scoffs, "What act? "

"You don't have to continue acting like you still have nothing. "

"What are you talking about? Are you seriously making fun of me? Which fella do I need to bang for that kinda money? "

I study her for a while.

"You seriously don't know what I'm talking about, "

"No, I don't even think you know how much a billion is? " a smirk appears on her lips. A real one. Thank God she's playfully mocking me again.

"Didn't you get your account notifications? Gabe left you everything. "

"What do you mean everything?"