«41»

(Marcus's POV)

It's been about 6 hours since we left the house. My dad and I shortened the trip as it usually would take all day.
my dad and I walk along the uneven track, carrying supplies on our backs.
I can't think about anything other than y/n.
I hope everything goes well if she has the baby without me by her side.
"Dad?" I ask, my father makes a 'hmm' noise, indicating for me to carry on.
I could tell he was worried as well.
"Do you think she had the baby yet?" I ask, my voice laced with worry.
he sighs, shrugging.
"I really don't know. Your mother took about 7 hours to give birth I think" he says, I sigh.
"We left 6 hours ago. So for all we know, you could be a dad" he says, I look at the ground smiling.
I can't imagine what it's like being a dad.
It feels weird to think it.
It's about a 5 minute walk to the house by now, and I can see the tall silo that holds the corn.
I start running, not being able to wait to see y/n, i can barely contain my excitement, I can't wait until she has the baby, my daughter or son.

I pick up my speed, a small smile forming on my face as the distance between the house and I slowly encloses.
I stop, trying to even out my breathing as I open the door.

Silence.

That's all I hear.
"Hello?" I ask quietly, looking into the room I left y/n and my mother in.
"Hello?" I ask, a bit louder this time.
I hear footsteps, I spin around and am met with my mom.
She smiles slightly, a bright light in her eyes.
"They're in the bedroom" she says, I smile a bit.
"They?" I ask, confusion being heard in my voice.
did she have the baby?
Without asking I sprint up the stairs, dropping my backpack at the door.
I run towards our room, seeing the door was already open.
I peer inside, seeing y/n sleeping soundly.
I walk over to her, gently sitting by her side.
"Y/n?" I ask, she flutters her eyes open, blinking a few times before smiling.
"Yes?" She asks, starting to sit up.
She quickly stops, grabbing her stomach.
"are you okay?" I ask, she nods.
"Over there" She says, looking to the corner of the room.
There was a baby carriage, I walk over to it, looking inside.
Asleep was a beautiful baby, breathing out small snores.
I smile, y/n speaks up.
"Push the buggy over here" she says, i do as She says, still smiling down at the baby.
"What's the gender?" I ask, taking the baby in my arms.
I sit next to y/n, who laid her head on my shoulder.
"It's a..."

A/n:
I want you guys to choose the gender, so comment what you think the baby's gender should be :)
Also updates will be slow as I have a lot going on, sorry💚