«17»

(Y/n's POV)
Marcus and I where being lazy, just laying in bed when we hear someone knock on the door.
Marcus and I stop laughing, and look to the door.
Marcus sighs.
"Come in" He says, bluntly.

Evelyn walks in, holding a bag.
"What do you want?" Marcus says, glaring slightly at her.
I look at Marcus, taken aback.
Did I miss something?
"I know you're mad with me. But I got you something" she says, handing us the bag.
"Look Inside" She says, smiling gently.
I open the bag, looking inside.
There was a picture of Marcus and I, we where about eight.
Marcus was dressed as a husband and I was dressed as a bride, Marcus was kissing me on the cheek.
I smile, remembering the memory as if it was just yesterday.
I see Marcus looking at me smiling out of the corner of my eyes.
I look up at Evelyn.
"Where did you get it?" I ask, she smiles.
"Marcus used to keep it under his bed when he was younger.
It stayed there until we had to leave because of the creatures, I bought it with us. I decided to wait until a special time to give it to you both" she says, smiling.
I look over at Marcus, who'd been staring at me for the last minuet.
"You did?" I ask, not being able to contain my smile.
He nods.
I slip my hand into his, causing him to smile even more.
"What's so special about today?" I ask, confused as to why she decided to give it to us now.
"You'll see" she says, looking at Marcus.
He looks down, smiling at the floor.
"I know what I said was wrong, Marcus. And I'm so very sorry" Evelyn says. Marcus's smile fades as he looks up at her.
"I'm just surprised you think so little of me" he says, Evelyn's eyes widen.
"I don't think little of you, you're an amazing person, And I'm so lucky to have you as a son. And I know I was wrong, and I understand and respect your decision" Evelyn says.
"Both of your decisions" she says, looking at me, I look down.
"I was just trying to think about the future for us. I'm deeply sorry, to both of you" Evelyn says. I smile, as does Marcus.
"I told Lee I'd think about it...but nothing too soon, right?" I ask, looking at Evelyn.
"Not until at least a few months. I'm glad you're going to think about it, but don't rush yourselves or stress over it, okay?" Evelyn says, looking at us with loving eyes.
I nod, as does Marcus.
She gets up, walking to the door.
"-wait mom" Marcus says, as she goes to step out the door.
"Yes?" She asks, turning to look at Marcus.
"I love you" He says, smiling cutely.
Evelyn smiles brightly.
"I love you too, Both of you" she says, Marcus and I smile watching as she steps out the door and closes it behind her.
I place the picture Evelyn got us on the bedside table, looking at how cute we looked in it.
"Imagine if none of this happened...do you think we would've been together in the end?" I ask. Marcus looks up, thinking.
"I think it would've taken longer, but yeah." He says, I rest my head on his shoulder, finally feeling at ease.