Chapter 44 : Before Books was Burned

FLARE

We found our way to the land of escapies. It's a bit alarming to go there but we should. Naging maingat kami dahil naging alerto ang nga nag babantay dito simula ng umatake kami.

Malayo layo pa ang lalakbayin namin upang marating ang libro ng Alice in Wonderland. Aquacia told us that the book is somehow can help us because it have clocks on it. Doon niya nga nakuha ang orasan nitong nagsasabi ng tamang oras.

Nang makalabas kami sa border ng isang istorya ay muli kaming pumasok sa isa pang isrotya. Nilingon ko ang langit at nakakita ng malaking halaman na abot hanggang langit ang pag tubo. Beanstalk.

"We're nearly there," Nadia said and we continued to walk silently in the dark.

Nakapalgpas na kami dito at nadaanan pa namin ang Princess and the Pea at Cinderella na story. At sa wakas, narating rin namin ang Alice in Wonderland na libro. Wala ang mga tauhan sa storya dahil nasa palasyo sila ng escapies. Pumasok kami sa isang malaking wall clock at marahang itinuro ni Aquacia and nasa gitnang metal na umiikot.

"It's not the time machine. It was a clone. We need to go to the office to see the spare one. The machine is two and the other one was stolen. That leaves us to the spare." Paliwanag nito, tumango kami dahil siya ang mas nakaka alam dito.

"We need to move quietly as we can. This place is full of tiny robots and machines." Babala pa nito saamin.

"Roger," We uttered before scattering around inside the huge clock to find the office where the spare one can be found.

Lumiko ako sa isang daan at nakaramdam ng nakakairitang presensya. It was from Levi. Hindi ko nalang ito pinansin at pinag tuonan ang buong paligid.

"What's this?" I kneeled down and tried to touch the metal that caught my attention, but I flinched when it became a robot.

"Thief!" A voice swallowed the whole place, it even echoed.

Lumingon ako sa pinaggalingan noon at nakita si Nadia na tumatakbo dahil hinahabot siya ng isang lalaki. She's holding something with her right hand. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

"She got it!" I whispered and was about to run but the tiny robot got my right foot and hugged it.

"Thief, thief, thief..." Ulit ulit na sinasabi niya habang nakayapos sa paa ko.

"Ouch!" I winced when the robot started to tighten it's grip on my foot.

Sa inis ay sinunog ko ito at pinagpag ang paahan ko bago tumakbo papunta sa iba na ngayon ay nagkakagulo na. Marami na ang maliliit na robot ang kumakalat at napapalibutan na sila. I saw Frio pissedly freezing the robots who's annoying him.

"Dalian niyo!" I shouted and burned the robots.

"How do this thing even works!?" Frustrated na sigaw ni Meissa habang kinakalikot ang maliit na bagay na hawak niya.

"Dont press the button!" Sigaw ng lalaki na nahihirapang makalapit dahil sa hangin na ibinibigay ni Levi.

"Press the button raw!" I shouted.

"This thing have so many buttons! which one!?" Balik na sigaw nito saakin. Nilingon ko ang lalaki.

Napaisip naman ako ng makitang wala ng balak magsalita ang lalaki.

"May red button ba diyan? baka iyon!"

Nakita kong may pinindot na buton si Meissa at halos magulat ako ng tila may humihigop saakin napatili ako dahil sa nararamdaman.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a familiar place in front of me. The library. It's still the same as the future but this one looked more bigger because of the tones of book.

"Where shall we start?" I asked them.

"We need to find the sections. Let's separate so we can find it easily." Frio commanded and we all separate our ways. Sa bandang likuran ako naningin ng mga libro.

Nang madako ako sa pinaka likod ng library ay nakita ko ang ilang itim na libro. Kinutuban ako na iyon na iyon na ang libro kaya kinuha ko ito at binuklat.

Page 288 - The Tale of the First Necromancer.

Mabilis akong bumalik sa pwesto namin kanina at tinawag ang iba para ipakita ang libro na nakita ko. Nag simula kaming basahin iyon.

Gloriosa is a young wizard lady who's studying spells on the palace. She came from a family of noble wizards.

She became fond of books as she began to read one. Everyday, a new topic was opened up to her classes and but one caught her attention. The necromancy where in this lesson, they need to communicate from the souls of the abyss.

She graduated and titled as a great wizard in the palace. During her days, a devourer attack usually happens and it bothered the whole domain for they are eating souls.

On their era, she met Calysus and they immediately fell in love with each other. They are happy and contented not until there was a devourer attack happened on the land of abiliantes.

They fought it but unluckily, Calysus' soul was eaten away by a devourer. Gloriosa was furious about it and she cannot get over with her great love's death. As a great wizard, she already knew necromancy but she didn't mastered is so she began to study on it more.

She communicated with the death and learned that Calysus' soul is trapped on the abyss. There is only one way to retrieve the lost souls that has been eaten away by the devourers.

Little did she knew that a silly demon is talking to her on the use of black magic. She thought that experimenting a devourer and finding it's way on hell will help her. But during her experimenting seasons, the elders came to stop her craziness. Due to the accidents and some fightings, her experiment mixed with her food.

She accidentally ate a flesh of a devourer and she began to transform from human to necromancers. She was called a beast for she can eat souls like the devourers too but in a form of human. Because of anger, she brought death and destruction to the whole Versailles.

The gods were alarmed by it and the goddess of fire, Sapphire imprisoned her in the abyss to stop the trouble.

While she's still on the land, she infected witches and peoples that became like her too. She was titled as the queen of souls by them. Her peoples who became necromancers hid in the dark for their queen was still imprisoned.

They are waiting for their queen to rise again. She made a promise that she will come back and will bring death to the nation as long as she wont find her great love's soul and retrieve it.

"Hindi niyo sinabi na love story pala 'to!" Giit ni Levi.

"Dont shout, idiot. We're on the library." Saway ko sa kaniya at binatukan siya. Hinimas niya iyon.

"So she did all of that to save Calysus?" Tanong ko dahil saang anggulo tingnan ay iyon ang dahilan noon.

"What's the connection of taking the whole domain?" Balik tanong naman ni Meissa kaya napaisip rin ako.

"She's already on the abyss right? maybe she cant find Calysus' soul in there." Nadia pointed out.

"Ugh, things are going crazier by time!"