Chapter 42 : The Queen of Souls

TYSON

"I dont need to explain myself to you. It happened because of circumstances. It's Serel whom I need to explain myself. And I already did so I have nothing to worry about rather than thinking a plan how to get my twin sister out of Gloriosa's place."

Lahat kami ay napa-tigil sa mahabang sentence na sinabi ni Dawn. The words it contains are like a bomb dropped in front of us. It caught us off guard.

"Serel already forgave you?"

"Twin sister?"

"Who the fuck is Gloriosa?"

Bahagya naman itong napabuntong hininga ng mapagtanto na marami siyang kailangan i-explain saamin. Including on how did he manage to pretend that he's okay with us at first. And how he manage to get Serel.

It was really shocking when we learned that he's the one who brought Serel to the lion's den.

"Serel and I are twins." Nalaglag ang panga ko sa sinabi nito. Muling nadagdagan ang mga tanong na dapat ay sasagutin niya.

"Twins? you gotta be kidding me! The goddess of time had twins? What the hell, I thought she's a guardian?" Sunod sunod na tanong ni Flare dito. Napailing ako, parang hindi siya nagalit kay Dawn kanina kung makapag tanong ah.

"Zafira isn't my real mother." Umilimg si Dawn kaya lalo kaming nagulat.

"Is this nation shocking day?" Aquacia commented.

"But you can manipulate time, we saw it not once but many times!" Giit ni Nadia na naguguluhan rin.

"That's something I dont even know the asnwer." Dawn shrugged.

"Then you're a guardian too?" I tilted my head on my question.

"Maybe? I dont know. This is a mess." Tila frustrated niyang saad.

"Kailan ka pa nag t-traydor saamin?" I shook my head on Flare's question. She's really straight to the point. Mana kay Aries.

"Prangka," Komento ni Levi, sinamaan lamang siya ni Flare ng tingin.

"I dont know. I was under illusion that time." Umiiling na sagot naman nito.

"Does Serel already knew about this?" Frio asked. Natigilan naman si Dawn dahil doon ngunit kaagad rin na nakabawi.

"Yes, she nearly fall on the illusion that Mallucia is our mother. She pretended to be so she can get her but Serel knew that it was an illusion." Paliwanag niya.

Ang kapal naman yata ng mukha niya para mag-panggap na nanay ni Serel? Kung noong una pa lamang ay naging mabait siya at hindi na niya kinailangamg gumamit ng dahas ay baka maniwala pa kaming isa lamang siyang ina na nag nanais na makapiling ang kaniyang anak. Pero iba ang pinakita niya e.

"That was a great idea since we are all clueless about her mother but she lacks at knowledge. If she's her mother, Serel wouldn't have inherited it's writing skill." Komento ko at napatango sila sa roon.

"That's what Serel thought too. Before you attacked the castle, something happened..." He stopped, recalling the incident before we attacked the castle. "Mallucia chanted the Stygian spell on Serel---" Natigil kami ng napatayo si Flare sa narinig.

"What!?"

"Calm down, let him finish first." Hinila naman siya ni Levi paupo.

"But the spell didn't effect on her. That's why she's furious." Dugtong nito sa naputol sa paliwanag. Bahagya akong natigilan dahil doon.

A stygian spell is a dark spell that is so dangerous to use. It can kill and only well trained witches and wizards can do it.

"Isn't that weird that she managed to use the spell and lift us off the ground if she is a magicless guardian?" Nabaling ang atensyon namin kay Fisso na ngayon lamang namin narinig na magsalita. His question lingered on my head. He's right.

"Gloriosa," Nagmula iton sa isang babaeng kasama rin pala namin sa loob ng opisina.

"Who?" Meissa asked.

"Gloriosa, she's on Mallucia's body and slowly, she'll take over her." Pahayag naman nito kaya bahagya akong naguluhan. I dont know this Gloriosa.

"Sino si Gloriosa?" Si Nadia na ang nag tanong ng dapat ay itatanong ko rin.

"The Queen of Souls." Both Captise and Dawn answered. Lalo akong naguluhan dahil doon. I've never heard of that, may ganun ba? queen of souls?

"What do you mean by queen of souls?" Tanong ni Aquacia.

"She's once a salamangkera in the Versailles. It was a long time ago. Then she learned necromancy which is a witchcraft." Meissa explained while staring at the candles on the middle.

"Necromancy is a black or dark magic where a person learns how to communicate with souls from the abyss. Gloriosa is obsessed with it to the point that she tried to experiment the devourers just to feed her curiosity. Devourers are known as soul eaters and some souls from that has been taken away from them is locked on the abyss." She paused.

"During her experiment, there was an accident that cause her to mix her experiments to the other. That's how necromancers are born. She is the first one who had it's blood." Pagpapatuloy niya habang kami ay tahimik na nakikinig.

"What blood?" I asked, she then looked at me.

"A salamangkero mixed with devouer. She was hailed as their queens when she started infecting the others by her blood. Nang lumala ang kaganapan ay  ikinulong siya sa abyss ng goddess of fire." She answered. So that's how the necromancer was born? It was terrifying.

"That's why I called you out here." Nilingon ko si Vaboo na ngayon lamang nag salita sa haba na ng pinag usapan namin.

"Ay, andiyan ka pa pala, Vaboo?" Flare sarcastically said.

"Now that we knew that our opponent isn't just a wizard, we need a plan. A better army, and we need to get ready for the next war." Anunsyo nito saamin at lahat kami ay biglang sumeryoso.

"Dawn explained me some things and Serel is untouchable by this time. Not even the darkest magic cant kill her. But we still dont know how long it will last. We are going prepare ourselves for the worst." Seryosong pahayag nito saamin natimtim naman kaming nakikinig dito.

"We are going to get Serel and we are going to win this war." Matatag nitong sabi saamin. Nagsi-tanguan kami.

"We need to prepare. Train yourselves more. We are facing a queen of souls and we need to be strong." Muli niyamg payo bago tumayo sa swivel chair niya.

"We daw eh hindi naman siya nalaban." Puna ni Nadia, napatawa kami dahil sa sinabi nito. Totoo naman kasi.

"I'll be your guide," Tumawa ito ng bahagya bago tuluyang mawala sa paningin namin.

"We need to learn more about Gloriosa. That might help us," I stated and stood up. Nagsitayuan na rin sila.

"We better off to the library then," Tumango kami kay Meissa at nagsimula nang magkalad sa hallway.

"Uhm, gusto ko pa sana na sumama but I have to take care of some things." Captise waved her goodbye to us and we waved back. She ran on the opposite direction.