Chapter 19 - Sacrifice

We all turned our eyes to the window on the wall of the room oly to see Ron pointing at us with his wand, his expression furious and ready to throw flames from his eyes.

"GET OFF HER!" he shouted ignoring the anxious faces of his best friends and sister who were now standing behind him, leaving us to be the moving aim of his deadly spells.

"How did you find out?! It was supposed to be secret!" I exclaimed trying to understand the situation and gain us some time while I was subcontiously planning our escape.

"Ginny needs to learn how to hide wedding invitations better!" He said giving a death stare at his sister who stood gobsmacked behind him and was ready to faint.

"But the problem here is not Ginny. No. The problem is partially Hermione who is easily convinced to abandon me for a bleached idiot. But the one to start the problem, the one to control the pupets and the whole game, to play all the cards and cast a spell upon Hermione was the one and only Draco Lucious Malfoy." He screamed pointing his wand to Draco's face.

"She was depressed, unhappy, uncomplete with you. She felt suppessed to stay with you becausd of a stupid prejustice, the obligation to be perfect!" He defended me while I was trying to figure out a way to stop all this madness.

"Do you know anything about her? I fought with her, I fought for her! I was the one to support her during out first years in that school, when everyone alienated her because of her being a muggleborn. I was in love with her since the second year in this school and I was by her side during out bad and good days. We saw dwath and fear together, we almost diead on each other side during the war. You She was my friend and them my girlfriend, soon to be wife. I was going to propose to her for Merlin's sake! We were all fine until you showed up! You were always the mean spoilt guy that got whatever he ever wanted. He then tried to go against the stereotypes and becime a death eater just for his beloved daddy's sake and made sure he wouldn't get killed thanks to his mummy. You just wanted to steal her from me, make her your prize and some years later abandon her like you do with everyrhing you get bored of. She is just a toy to you isn't she!? Another stupid trophy for you mile long list of conquest and the list will go on after her! I earned her! After being the little brother in my family, marginalized from my family at almost all times, she was my hope of ascendind not only in my parent's eyes but also to the world's! She wpuld be my redemption! And you ruined everything!"

"Ron, I-" I tried to speak my mind but Draco got the floor first.

"I love her! More than I will ever love anyone! Do you know what I got through to reach the plave I am standing right now?! I almost died! You lived quietly with a happy, united family that loved each and every member. That is something I wouldn't be able to even imagine as a kid. Every day of my childhood I locked myself in my room crying, hoping someone would put an and to this someday so I could be free to live a day without having to face the intimidating presence of my father. He beat us, me and my mother. I had even considered killing myself! I was on the verge of ending my life and you are saying that I always got what I wanted?!" Draco shouted back at him with a tone of despair in his voice.

He was vulnerable, holding my hand tightly in his ready for any rational reaction.

"Well if you wanted it so much then let me do the honors: AVADA KEDAVRA!" Ron screamed and a green flash of light shot from his wand.

I didn't know what I was thinking in that exact moment. I didn't know if I thought it was the best idea or just the only possible option. Eitherway it didn't matter because the pain was the same and the price equal.

I jumped in front of him to save him.

Everything happened so quickly that I didn't even realized the risk I was taking. That I was running the fast lane towards my death.

I then felt my body shatter into millions and millions of pieces, crash and break while flames were burning me from the inside and the pain of knives stabbing me from eveey direction was unbearable.

I was going to die.

Ron and the others had froze still in their positions looking at my irrational reaction to this whole madness. Why does every conflict have to be solved with death or pain? Why do the innocent have to be sacrificed? Why can't people solve conflicts civilly?

I was thinking all these while looking at Draco's cloudy eyes. The clouds in his eues were now raining in a storm of sentiment, heart and mind, while he was holding my helpless body in his arms.

"Hermione lie down.." he said with his voice trembling while he put me down softly.

He then stroked my face, hair and neck until his hand touched something.

"The time turner!" He exclaimd in pure happiness. I was still confused.

"I'm going to turn back time to the party. I'm going to never let this happen. I'm going to save both of us." He noted witha drop of despair.

I stared crying while the bitter pain was still messing with my heartbeat.

"Draco..." I tried to say.

"This is the only way Hermione. I have to do it. I prefer to save you than see you die because of me." He said grabbing the time turner from my neck.

"I love you" I muttered to him.

"I love you" he answered before his fingers started turning the little mechanism around and around...