t w e n t y

*Xavier's pov*

I send a text to Mads saying I needed a personal break for a little and Jer could take over for a little. She wouldn't even see the text until she woke up a few hours later.

As I head to the cells, I see Darius sleeping in his car, which I only feel slightly guilty about. I decide not to wake him yet. I go to the room and hand Rebecca a change of clothes. She's already up and wide eyed. She grabs the clothes from my hands and says,
"X, I hate seeing you mad at me."

"You used me as part of your plan. I thought you were human- I liked being with you because I thought that meant no drama! Once you got what you wanted from me, you never called again," I hiss.

"I didn't want to use you! It just happened to work out so well! It was necessary! I got busy after that. I would have liked to see you again."

"Honestly, I'm not mad about us not seeing each other. It was no strings attached, and we both never liked each other like that. You took advantage of me," I say.

"I'm sorry, X. I really am."

"You better prove it was worth it."

"I will. You'll see," she breathes out.

I go to wake up Darius, and she trails right behind me. He's already outside the car, stretching.

"We can take my car," Darius says.

Once we're seated, I turn around from the passenger seat and say to Rebecca,
"Give me your hands."

"Seriously, X," she says, noticing my handcuffs. Nonetheless, she agrees. I take her right hand and attach her to the cup holder of the car.

"It's Alpha Xavier," I say cuffing her in.

We've been driving for maybe 30 minutes when I notice some figures out in the forest besides us. I think nothing of it, but then the figures move closer to us. One gets so close, I can make out the wolf body in the rear mirror.

"Take off my handcuffs. I can help fight," Rebecca says hurriedly. Darius looks at me like he's waiting for me to make a move to unlock them.

"F*ck no. There's not going to be any fighting," I say. "It's Mr. Lewis' men. They must be following Darius."

"Alpha Darius drive faster," Rebecca says, shaking her leg nervously. He steps on the gas going an even faster speed than our already illegal speed. We're zooming through the winding road when a back tire suddenly gives out. It's not long before the other back tire begins sinking down.

"F*ck! They shot a tire. Those f*cking b*stards- ruining my damn car." Darius is frustrated. He pulls over and bravely approaches the wolves. Soon a pack of shifted guards circle the car.

"What the f*ck is this all about. I am Alpha Darius of the Lockwood pack. What business permits you to follow me like a criminal," he spits.

One man falls forward out of the circle.

"By the power of Maximilian IV, last of his name, you are required to stay within the Lockwood pack grounds." Maximilian is the head of the council- the werewolf with a lot of power. He's also extremely old and traditional. Darius is about to begin shouting, but I step out of the car. I stand in front of him, which is my lame attempt at protecting him.

"Do you have any information on what grounds this order was made?" I ask.

"No, Alpha Xavier. Once we notified the council Alpha Darius left his pack and did not return, we were given strict orders to bring him back."

"And if we were to carry on our business not in Lockwood territory..." I trail off.

"With all due respect, sir, my men and I are not afraid to use physical force- no matter who or what gets in the way," the young man proclaims.

I turn to Darius, so only he can hear me,

"I counted 14 heads."

"16 if you count the two hiding in the branches still," he adds.

"That's not terrible odds for two alphas," I say smirking deviously.

"I'll get the front, you handle the back," he says.

In a matter of seconds, we both are running and shifting into our wolves in opposite directions. In the guards shocked state, I have a few seconds to immobilize one guard and work on the next. I don't plan on killing any of the wolves because honestly I feel bad- they are just doing their jobs. Two down, fourteen more to go.

But then a shaggy, brown wolf attempts to bite my neck. I quickly dodge the wolf, but he still manages to bite a chunk of my calf. Angering me, my wolf goes on the offensive side. I bite his arm until I hear a snapping sound, and the wolf shifts into his human form whimpering. Three down, thirteen more to go.

One wolf shifts quickly and goes to aid his friend.

Two other wolves, a black and white one, come and attack me from either side. Instead of trying to fight off both of them, I focus on the white one. He tries pouncing on me, but I try doing the same to him, making us both tumble and tangle together. Finally, after much wrestling I end up on top. The black wolf comes near, but I threaten to kill the white wolf. The threat works and the black wolf submits, lying down and whining, and the white wolf shifts into his human form panting. I bare my teeth, warning any other wolves that dare get close to me. Six down, ten more to go.

I look at Darius and just watching him is magnificent. Wolves try attacking him, but he easily shakes them off. It's not long before those wolves submit before him once he gets the assumed leader to submit. Darius' all-black wolf stands proudly above the pack submitting themselves to him. However, I only count nine wolves in front of him.

Out of nowhere, a wolf comes racing behind Darius. It is ready to rip Darius apart. I instantly shift into my human form to warn him.

"Behind you!" I shout.

"Per potentiam Deorum: Ego dormio, et iubes ut obliviscaris missionem," Rebecca proclaims, arms lifted high. The wolf about to attack Darius drops down to the floor. All the other wolves appear to be knocked out too. Darius shifts back into his human form.

"H-how'd you do that?" Darius asks shakily.

"You're welcome," Rebecca emphasizes, shaking her head. "I learned some protection spells a while back that anyone can do granted they same them correctly. I told you I could help." I look at her hands and she still has the handcuffs on, but also a broken cup holder attached to her.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain shooting up my leg. I look down at my leg and let out a string of expletives.

Darius rushes over to me and so does Rebecca.

————————————————————

[18.5k reads]

I hope X is okay :P

fun fact: i used to learn latin, but now i don't remember anything!

do you speak any languages? is english your first language? i'm v curious

Comments are appreciated!!!

If you enjoyed this chapter, consider giving it a vote :)

Thanks for reading!