s e v e n t e e n

*Darius' pov*

I tried falling asleep in my bed. I was exhausted- both mentally and physically. My wolf was restless. I shifted my body under the covers trying to get comfortable in any way possible, but nothing seemed to work. Frustrated, I get out of bed and look at the clock. 4:13 am.

As I walk down the hallway, I pass the room Xavier is in, and instantly I feel at peace. I open the door and peek inside. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. I slowly shut the door behind me to get a better look at his face. An inner voice tells me, what I'm doing is extremely creepy, but I ignore it.

He's perfect. His pink lips are slightly parted, taking in oxygen. His nose is straight, but this close to him I notice how it's a little slanted to the right. His eyebrows are thick, and maybe a little more than usual. His beard isn't the clean cut  it typically is, but this just adds to his rugged handsomeness. He's perfect.

I notice his pillow has a tear stain- it's faint though. I can see it because of my wolfs vision and the moonlight streaming through the window. I royally f*cked this up. There were two options: pick Xavier or end it with him. Somehow, I managed to do both all in one night. The experience with him was foreign- but a good foreign. Definitely, a good foreign. The way his body moved on top of mine- the way our bodies moved- was an out-of-this-world experience. And now I'm supposed to be completely over him. Maybe to him it was just sex, but I know that's not true, according to his tear-stained pillow.

I lean against the wall across him, so I can still look at him while I think. I don't want to leave just yet, my wolf finally calmed down, and I feel like I can breathe again.

I think everyone in my family would accept our relationship- granted it might take some time to be accustomed to. Xavier and I hated each other, but now I'm upset because he has to leave.

I don't even remember falling asleep, but soon I'm dreaming.

"I know you don't agree, Alpha, but it is our duty," a man in a lab coat explains.

"It is not our duty to condemn an entire race! We cannot take the role of the Moon Goddess. We cannot make changes that we have no knowledge whether She approves," my father says.

"It is for the greater good! I will not take your rogues, Gabrielle. Right now, we are just experimenting. These rogues are either put in prison for their horrendous crimes, or they are put to use to help in our experiments."

"Please, tell me what exactly classifies a rogue because as of right now the council's definition is utter bullsh*t!" Gabrielle snarls.

I can no longer hear their conversation, and that bullet goes flying. And I'm left like an outsider just helplessly watching my father die. Again.

I wake up in a start, hitting my head against the wall. I stretch and rub my eyes. There's a throw blanket on me and a pillow by me. I look to the side and the bed is neatly made. He left.

I look at the clock and it's already 11 am. Deciding to be productive, I get out of bed and see Alex in the hallway.

"Hey, when did Alpha Xavier leave?" I ask.

"Pretty early. I think like 7 o'clock. Oh, Mr. Lewis left with him." Why would Mr. Lewis leave with Xavier? I guess he wasn't as mad as I thought. "But his little goons are still here. You know mom made me make breakfast for all of them!" She exclaims. He still doesn't trust me.

"You'll live," I mumble, walking to my room. I grab my phone and shoot Xavier a quick text.

Me: I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I hope you're feeling okay.