s i x t e e n (mature)

*Xavier's pov*

I refused to cry over Darius. Honestly, I was more angry than upset. He promised me he wouldn't leave me again, but he obviously didn't give a sh*t about his word. I understand that he is probably really stressed, but to make me come all the way here just so he could feel better infuriated me. I wanted to go home, but I don't think I should be driving in this condition right now. Plus, I was really tired. I was lying down, ready to fall asleep in one of the guest room's, but then there was a knock at the door. I could smell Darius outside. F*ck. He smelled heavenly. I don't say anything because I'm already so turned on just by his smell. If I see him, I might jump him. However, Darius enters anyway.

"I need to apologize." I huff, and turn around, so I don't have to face him. He just wants to feel better about himself. He pulls up the desk chair to the bed.

"No shi*t. You're really selfish."

"I am trying to do the selfless thing here!" He exclaims. I immediately sit up in the bed, getting fired up.

"What exactly is so selfless about a single thing you've done! You had me drive all the way here, so you could have the satisfaction of knowing you did it in person instead of over the phone. And now you want to apologize because you realize how much of a dumb*ss you are."

"I am truly  sorry. I thought the sooner we broke up the easier it would be for me to get over you." He pauses. "And saying that aloud makes me realize how selfish and stupid that was. Please forgive me. I hate knowing that you're upset with me." He rubs his hands on his face.

"You shouldn't care that I'm mad at you! Remember, you ended things with me!" I yell at him. I'm happy to see a hurt look on his face because no matter what I doubt he feels as terrible as me.

"We're still friends!" He retorts.

"No, we aren't! I don't want to be friends with you! I-I want to be with you," I say lowly, my voice breaking at the end. He looks at me understandingly.

"Right now, that's all I want too, but the council would never approve. We both need an heir, and we can't provide that for each other. I'm sorry, okay." I roll my eyes at him. He grabs my face, and forces me to look at him. "If we're meant to be, we'll find a way back to each other."

"Bullsh*t. You're throwing this away. Yeah, the timing sucks, but nothing about our situation will ever get better. We will always have our own packs. And our packs always have to come first," I sigh.

"Are you still mad at me? Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" He asks.

"The only reason I don't want to beat the sh*t out of you is because my wolf is really, really turned on," I drawl. His smell has been getting to me, and he looks so hot right now. He's wearing a white t-shirt that contrasts great with his dark skin. And he has this really tired look that makes him look sleepy.

"Xavier, no," he says curtly.

"I wasn't really asking, Alpha Darius," I say, knowing that will turn him on.

"It's gonna make everything more complicated," he adds.

"I'm not a sixteen year old girl. We f*ck, and then you leave right after. You can do this to make it up to me," I remind him.

"This seems like a really bad idea."

"I promise I won't get too attached. It's just breakup s*x."

"And what if I get attached?" He questions.

"Well, here's your chance to do something selfless and stop thinking about yourself." He doesn't disagree, so I take that as my cue to start.

mature cont!