Chapter 6: Camouflage

Start from the beginning

Once I was done, I dried my hair and walked out in my towel. My clothes from yesterday stank of sweat so I fished around in the old cupboards and found an old pair of jeans and a shirt that looked around my size.

I even found a pair of clean underwear.

After I was dressed I walked out into the hall and stopped in my tracks when I saw both Harry and Zayn.

Zayn had bleached blonde hair and Harry's hair was fiery red.

I stifled a laugh when I saw the frown on Harry's face.

"He obviously picked out the worst for me," He grumbled and I didn't miss the small smile on Zayn's face.

It took a while to get used to the both of them like that but I had to say Zayn somehow looked like an editorial model with his hair where as Harry just looked like his head was on fire.

"Come on let's go," Zayn said and I walked over to them.

The three of us walked out stealthily but I could feel Zayn's eyes on me the whole time.

"What is it?" I asked him, suddenly feeling self conscious. Was my shirt see through or something?

"It's nothing." He shook his head and tried to walk away but I stopped him.

"If there's something wrong I want to know," I pressed. "Does my black hair look weird?"

His eyes widened in surprise at my question. "Weird? Of course not. Although I didn't expect it to look this good."

I blushed slightly and turned my face away before he could see my reaction.

We got into the car and Zayn took the wheel. The three of us remained silent as he drove along the desolate road with barren lands on both sides.

It was only after about ten minutes did I finally ask the obvious question.

"Where are we going?" I asked softly worried vampires some where I couldn't see would be able to hear me.

"I have a cabin that I go to once in a decade. I don't think they know about it," Zayn replied.

"Can we eat something first? I haven't eaten since I was kidnapped," Harry glared at Zayn from the passengers seat.

"I think you must have hit your head too hard yesterday because saving your life and kidnapping you are two entirely different things," Zayn replied and I rolled my eyes.

Harry was about to retaliate when I stopped them before they started bickering again.

"The two of you better stop before the vampires hear you arguing and catch us all."

They stopped immediately and we continued in silence until Zayn stopped outside a lonely diner by the road.

"We should be able to grab a quick bite here," Zayn said. "I can only hear the heart beat of humans inside."

Harry didn't need to be told twice. He immediately got out of the car and began to walk inside.

Zayn and I cast a wary glance around. Acres and acres of bare land surrounded us but I felt paranoid for some reason.

Harry held the door open for me as I walked in. The moment the door shut all eyes were on us.

The diner was relatively crowded considering it was in the middle of no where. There were a few families taking up most of the booths and there were several older men who wore knee high plastic yellow boots like the workers did at construction sites.

Everyone looked at us for a few paralyzing seconds before they turned to their food and continued their conversations.

We walked to a secluded booth near the washroom and quickly took a seat.

A young freckled boy wearing a ketchup stained cap jogged to us and took our orders.

Once he walked away I quickly turned to Zayn.

"Please tell me you have money to pay for breakfast."

Harry's eyes widened in realization and he nodded his head as well.

"Yes, because we have nothing," he stated the obvious and for the first time he didn't snap at Zayn.

Zayn simply smiled in response and winked at us.

"I told the waiter the two of you would do the dishes later," He joked but we were not amused. "Okay fine, you need not worry. I have enough for you two to eat whatever you want."

"In that case I'll have a milkshake," Harry raised his hand and called the waiter again. "I mean it's the least you could do after throwing me around in your car."

Zayn didn't argue, he just smiled meekly in response.

"I'll have one too," I quipped and the two boys grinned at me.

Look at the three of us, joking and having breakfast like it was just another day.

Once the waiter left I turned to the boys to discuss our plan. I was about to speak when Harry swore under his breath.

I followed his gaze to the television hanging by the wall next to the counter top and my mouth fell open in horror.

There was a picture of me on the top left corner as a newscaster reported how I, a dangerous murderer placed under psychiatric care for killing a fellow student had broken out of the secure unit after murdering two people.

The screen then displayed Dr Logan's face and then Charlie's. Apparently Charlie worked as one of the security officers at my psychiatric unit.

I shook my head in disappointment. Why was I always the one who got blamed for everything?

My fingers dug into the old leather seat as I looked down hoping no one would recognize me.

"You've got to be kidding me," Harry gasped and I looked at the tv screen again.

Now Harry's face was being displayed next to mine as a possible accomplice or victim because he had gone missing around the same time.

"I think we should leave," I said feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"Let's just grab our food and go," Harry urged. "No one's recognized us yet."

I looked around the diner and was relieved to see more people talking than those watching the broadcast.

Zayn told the waiter to pack our food and once it came I quickly grabbed the bag and stood up.

My eyes immediately settled on a young girl no older than ten years old who was staring at me. She tugged her mother's blouse and gestured for her to look my way.

The mother caught my gaze before I turned away and her eyes immediately widened in shock. She pulled out her phone just as the whole family turned towards us.

Zayn pulled my hand and the three of us nearly ran out of the diner. But before we did I saw the lady dial a number and make a call.

"Did she just report us?" I asked Zayn.

He nodded his head grimly. "Now they know where we are."

A lump of fear formed in my throat that I could not seem to swallow.

I knew he wasn't talking about the police.

Heyy I'm backk. I really can't explain my absence w/o it sounding like an excuse so please forgive me with this chapter.

Anyway what do you guys think of Rosalie with black hair, Zayn with blonde hair and Harry as a ginger lol.