Twelve

The boys need a little lovin'. So, a little lovin' is involved.

////

"How long will it take to convince you that you're still beautiful to me?" Steve brushed his hair away and Bucky frowned, glancing away. The sun was setting and his family was still out -- save for Winifred, who was asleep in her bed. George had taken the kids grocery shopping, and Bucky decided to stay behind.

"When I either get my arm back, or pigs learn to fly," Bucky said shortly.

"C'mon, Buck. Would I lie to you?"

He considered it, sighed, and looked at him. He shuffled closer and leaned against him. Steve held him close and kissed the tip of his nose. Bucky pulled a face and Steve smiled then kissed him for real.

"Maybe," he finally uttered, eyes lidded as he looked at him. "Who knows if you're disgusted by this or not?"

Steve shook his head, tucking a stray hair behind his ear. "Never," he said quietly. "Well, maybe I'd be grossed out if you vomited on me, but -- "

Bucky cracked a smile and cupped his cheek then pulled him in. He kissed him slowly, his tongue gliding against his as he straightened his posture and sat on his lap, straddling him. A hum of content rumbled in Steve's throat and he pulled him closer, hands holding his waist as he kissed him again and again.

Bucky pressed against him, feeling his heart racing in his chest as they made out, as waves of heat crashed throughout his body and he was gasping against Steve's mouth.

"Steve -- " His head tilted back as Steve left marks along his jawline, down his neck, towards his collarbone. Bucky stroked through his hair with his hand, tugging at the short strands.

"You're beautiful here -- " He kissed him on the lips. " -- Here, here and here -- " His jaw, neck and chest, then peppered kisses along his shoulder, more gentle. Bucky's breath caught. "And here." He pressed a soft kiss to the stump of his arm, and Bucky kept his eyes closed.

His breath snagged in his throat and Bucky's head rested against his shoulder as Steve kissed him, hands roaming his torso. Bucky was burning with his touch.

His hips unintentionally jerked against Steve's, making him bite his lip and lift his head. "Steve -- you're far too good to me," he breathed.

"I've heard," Steve teased as he rolled his hips on purpose this time. Bucky twitched and kissed him hard, and Steve leaned back until they were lying on the bed. He groaned as Bucky pressed them together again, grinding his hips down. Steve shuffled as the pressure built, and looked at him. Bucky's eyebrows were pinched.

"Wait," he breathed, holding Steve's arms. "I... I wanna save it," he finally whispered, looking slightly ashamed. He knew what they both wanted -- yet also wanted to give it time. Steve, still out of breath, merely smiled and nodded, stilling.

"Of course, baby."

"Hey Steve, doll?" Bucky was breathing hard, buzzing with love and adrenaline. Steve stared up at him, captivated by those eyes. Bucky smiled as he looked back. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart," Steve breathed. Bucky gripped his hair and kissed him hard, and Steve held onto his waist.

Out of breath, Bucky pressed their foreheads together and closed his eyes as Steve held him close against him. Steve watched him with a small smile on his face, and a thought occured to him.

He wanted something... nice. He wanted to take him somewhere romantic, so maybe they could have a break from the drama. He had nothing on his schedule, really, so he contemplated where to go.

"Hey," he mused, lifting his chin up. "How 'bout we go somewhere?" Bucky cocked his head.

"Yeah?"

Steve smiled and sat up a bit. "'Course. We haven't gone anywhere the whole break," he explained and Bucky smiled.

"We only have like three days left," he added. "I'd love to do something."

"Hit the town? Catch dinner and a movie?"

"Sounds nice to me," he hummed.

////

They were laughing as they strolled down the street, arm in arm as they left the cinema. Dinner had been at a decent Thai restaurant, and the movie was a comedy they had both been wanting to see. "This is nice," Bucky said with a smile as they walked.

"Well, you deserve it."

"Hey!"

Steve tensed, stopping to see who was running towards them. He recognised the voice. Seconds later, Atticus ran to them, gasping for breath. "I thought I recognised you two," he panted and grinned. "Peter and I are going to the museum, he wanted me to ask if you'd like to tag along."

Bucky and Steve looked at each other, then smiled. "I'd like that," Bucky agreed, and Steve smiled at Atticus.

"Thank you." They started walking together and Bucky felt content as he watched them laugh together. It was about time he and Steve could be happy.

Smiling, they walked down the street together.

////

This was essentially a filler chapter, a little rest for them.