Cha 11: A promise between old friends

Walking home Izuku didn't expect to stopped by Bakugou. "Kachan?" The two boys stood facing each other. Izuku thought this might be his chance. He had gained a new quirk today and it was just as dangerous as the first one.

He remembered what the doctor had told him before. He could end up losing control if gains more power. Like today when his new Power brought down the whole building.

"What the hack is up with you?" The spiky blond asked calmly

"It's not a secret so I'll just tell you" Izuku sighed. He decided, if he were to lose control he'll have the one person he used play with, grew up with and the one he saw as a rival stop him. "I have two quirks. One I obviously inherited from my dad and another I got form my mom's side"

Bakugou didn't know what to make of this new information. Izuku remembered what the doctor said before when he learnt of this quirk. "Kachan I want you to promise me something"

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I PROMISE YOU ABYTHING" Bakugou cringed

"So you can be number one" Bakugou looked at his childhood friend that seemed like he held no fear. Just pure determination "the quirk I got from my mother's side skipped a generation and mutated along the away" Izuku explained calmly as he looked at his palm

"It allows me to develop new quirks" there was a short span of silence as Bakugou tried to process the new information

"Razor extend and the new quirk I got today are probably the first ones I will develop. The doctors said suppress is helping with keeping the new ones suppressed but I have this nagging feeling that sooner or later this quirk I got from mom will break lose"

"Oi, Damn Nerd what are trying to make me promise" Bakugou dreaded the answer. There in front of him was his childhood friend filled with pure determination. The said boy wanted him to copy. He dreaded the words he would say even more when he looked into his eyes.

"Power can corrupt the mind and destroy it" Izuku held out fist at his childhood friend "If I ever lose control of myself I want you to destroy Me"

Bakugou froze on the sport "What are you trying to make me do" he asked

Izuku just smiled at his childhood friend "I really want to be a hero Kachan" he told him "that's why I'm going try my best and hold out long enough. But with this quirk I'm going start losing my mind"

"For old times sake promise me this" he asked Bakugou. As he was about to let his hand fall the ash blond bump his fist against his.

"You better become a hero first before I destroy you" he said and walked away leaving Izuku slightly baffled. The days were looking up for him now. With a smile he walked home with skip with the beat.

He knew his childhood friend would keep his promise. They had promised without realizing a certain number one hero ease dropping on their conversation.