Together PT.1

Your eyes grew wide, that type of wide you will be capable of doing only once in your life. Your breath hitched inside your throat and you felt how the firm lump started to form inside, causing you to choke lightly. Your fingers started shaking frantically, holding the tiny pregnancy test that flashed the positive sign. Your eyes wandered desperately around the room, not believing what you were seeing. They started to burn and you felt the tears forming, making your vision a little bit blurry. Your free, shaky hand moved toward your mouth to suppress the sound of your sobs, letting the tears roll down your cheeks like waterfalls. Unfortunately, these weren't only from happiness, but from fear, confusion, desperation and frustration. But to be honest, they were more because of the last four things, than the first one. Those feelings just blacked out the brightness of happiness.

Oh my goodness... This couldn't be real, right? You couldn't be pregnant! You drank the contraceptives before the 72 hours limit passed, in fact you drank them in less than 24 hours after that had happened between you and Yoongi. Were those the best ones? Had you bought the bad ones? Had you drank them the way you were supposed to?

How would your panicking mind know now?

That had happened almost a month ago, the last time you saw your boyfriend's face to be more specific -because he had to leave so early the next morning that you only felt a kiss on your forehead and then he was gone-. And it happened so suddenly that using protection didn't even crossed both of your minds. Not like you were prepared either. It hadn't been planned to be like that, so suddenly, you mean. You didn't even had planned sleeping with him yet.

What's going to happen from now on? You are still in college, and Yoongi is always traveling around the world or having an insanely busy schedule. What was going to be of you and that new little baby inside of you? Was Yoongi going to accept this? To be happy? You didn't know who could help you, what you could do. Everything now was mind-blowing. Nerve-wrecking.

You were extremely afraid, frightened to say the least. You didn't want Yoongi's reputation to go down because of you. But if he accepted to take care of the baby, regardless of what his fans and people could say, wouldn't he have to stop with his career to take proper care of both, the baby and yourself? No! That was a 'no, no'. You would never allow that to happen, never. You love him too much to see him quit on what he had worked so hard for, and even if you hated to admit it, the thing he loved as much as you. That wasn't alright.

But what should you do about it? Tell him, or keep it to yourself and then when he saw you, think you were cheating on him? No, that wasn't going to work out in a good way. Maybe you could go out of the country to live with your parents, but you knew they weren't going to say anything good about it. About having a baby without being married and stuff. Plus, you weren't thinking of abortion, because you really wanted to have this baby. Even if it wasn't planned you wanted to see it grow and be a part of you. Of you and Yoongi.

You were extremely afraid of all the things that could happen and you knew you were repeating it too much, but you couldn't help it. No one ever told you how to deal with this kind of situations. They only told you that to have sex without wanting to get pregnant you had to use protection while doing the act or drink contraceptives as fast as possible after it, meaning they never told you how to deal with an unwanted pregnancy. Or less, how to handle the possibility of you ending as a single mother, without near family to help you with the baby. Leaving the society problem aside, of course.

All those things were making you feel like you would go insane, and what you feared slightly more than the comments and stuff was the possibility that your five-years-long relationship with Yoongi, the only boy you had loved this way in your whole life, could have a dramatic, depressing ending. Your heart squeezed just by the thought of it happening.

You needed someone to talk to, someone who could give you a good advice. Someone who were like a brother to you, someone you could trust no matter what the situation could be. And you knew perfectly who that was.

---

Namjoon's phone made that annoying sound whenever a notification arrives. The young man drifted his attention towards the phone, leaving an immersed Yoongi totally concentrated on the beat both were creating for their new song in their upcoming album. His hand, slowly, picked the phone up, reading the notification on the locked screen.

It was a message from (Name). It didn't surprise him, because she always texted him to ask for the boys' well being (especially for Yoongi) and pass the time, but this time he felt something wrong. Something about that message gave him a really bad feeling.

His finger brushed against the screen, unlocking his phone and going directly to messages. "(Name)...?" He mumbled to himself, questioning why he felt like that towards her message.

When Yoongi heard the name he was so familiarized with his mind snapped out of its trance in a split second, eavesdropping to Namjoon, who remained silent while answering (Name)'s text. Yoongi didn't even made a single sound nor looked at his friend. He just wanted to find out what was happening.

Yoongi had been having a strange feeling since (Name) started to text Namjoon more regularly than she used to. Before, she would always text him, but not way too much, at least not enough to make Yoongi feel uncomfortable with it. But this time, he felt rather strange. He had always trusted his girlfriend, so the thought had been brushed away as fast as it came. Well, he couldn't blame her, basically because these past few days he had been so tired that he hadn't replied some of her messages, and maybe she just wanted someone to talk to. In a daily routine the man would barely answer any type of texts that reached his phone, but hers? He would wake up in the middle of a nap to text her back. Even if he was tired, he would never ignore her. But like he said, these few days have been different.

After a few seconds of just hearing the sound of his own breathing, his friend stood up from his chair. His eyes glued to the screen. "Hyung, I'll be taking a break. I'll be back, okay?" Yoongi turned his head towards where the boy was, acting as if he hadn't been eavesdropping seconds before. Yoongi nodded nonchalantly, and went back to his things or at least pretended to go back to them, hearing the sound of the door closing.

Why Namjoon didn't tell him where he was going? Why so many secrets?

'No. She would never, would she?' Yoongi thought, trying his hardest to stay still on his chair, trying hard not to think like that about the person he had given his all to, literally. He had to trust his girlfriend. He knew he had to, but that thought just didn't want to stop coming, making him go insane. It was stupid, and he knew it pretty well, but if Namjoon was really going to (Name)'s place, then why would he have to hide it from him? Yoongi wouldn't have said no, or go all aggressive or jealous; it wasn't like him at all.

It had been almost a month since he last saw her. He talked to her, or at least he tried his best to do so. Even if it was just a single text. He tried to always text or call her to make her remember he cared a lot for her. But he couldn't help but notice how much attention Namjoon was giving (Name) lately. Well, Yoongi knew she had always said that Namjoon was like the brother she never had, but...

"Gah!" Yoongi growled in pure frustration, while gripping his hair with his slim hands.

But finding out where Namjoon was heading to wasn't a bad idea.

Yoongi stood up, and sprinted out of the room. He asked for Namjoon, and the boys told him he had headed out for a 'walk' because the stress was killing him. Yoongi thanked them and went out as well, putting his black hoodie on, his mask and his beanie as well. He had to pass without being spotted by anyone.

The young man walked rather quickly toward (Name)'s apartment, praying silently. He had never been a very religious person but when he felt like praying, he did it with all his heart. And this was one of those times when the only thing he had left was pray for it to be just his imagination playing tricks to his mind.

Soon enough he reached the apartment buildings where (Name) lives and made his way in without hesitation. He avoided the elevator, it would announce his arrival. He decided to use the stairs, legs skipping some steps, and reaching the floor in mind in less than thirty seconds. His heart was pounding so hard that he could feel it in his ears. He was scared, and he didn't feel ashamed of admitting it. Who wouldn't? But when he was about to walk toward (Name)'s door he saw Namjoon already standing in front of the door, knocking on it and waiting patiently.

Yoongi's heart fell when he saw the door open and Namjoon being pulled inside abruptly. All his fears and doubts had been cleared. And it hurt him like hell.

---

You opened the door the second after you heard a knock on it and pulled Namjoon inside as fast as you could. Making him wait outside for too much time could be dangerous for him. Just by risking himself to come to your apartment was enough of a trouble.

"(Name)..." The young man said just above a whisper when he saw your crystal-like eyes, and flushed cheeks because of all the time you had been crying. He walked towards you and grabbed your face with both of his large and warm hands. A really concerned look in his eyes and all over his face.

He had no idea of what was happening, but he was glad you had called for his help. "What happened? Why are you like this?" Just hearing about it made your eyes go watery all over again and before you knew, your arms had been wrapped around Namjoon's tall body, pressing your face against his chest as you cried. You didn't suppress the sound of it.

Namjoon panicked; the girl he considered his sister was crying so badly about something and he didn't even know what it was.

The boy rubbed tiny circles on your back, trying to calm you down. He then, when your grip on his waist had loosened, helped you to walk toward the big blue couch located in the living room. His arms placed you down on the couch and you started to wipe the remaining tears off of your flushed cheeks. He sat beside you, waiting for you to calm down so you could explain him.

"Namjoon, I'm..." You managed to say through your choked voice. Namjoon eyebrows furrowed together, giving you a questioning look.

"Namjoon... I'm pregnant."

Namjoon's breath trapped in the middle of his throat, and his heart skipped a tiny beat. He didn't reply, since he didn't know what to say, and just gestured you to continue explaining.

"It was almost a month ago, but it happened so suddenly and unexpectedly that neither of us was prepared. But to be honest, it didn't even crossed my mind once. And you know I didn't have in mind sleeping with him yet." Namjoon nodded his head at your statement, remembering that conversation he had with you about your relationship, just when you told him you didn't want to sleep with Yoongi yet. But just as he could see, Yoongi had caught you off guard and you couldn't fight against it. "But it is all my fault. If I only had bought a stronger contraceptive this wouldn't have occurred. How could I be so weak, and couldn't have stopped it before it went so far? I had been able of stopping that from happening between us before, why not now?" You said frustrated, digging your face between your hands.

"Don't take all the blame on yourself, (Name). He is in fault, too. He is an adult, and he knows what the consequences are if he doesn't protects himself. I have told him multiple times to be prepared, because hormones can betray at any moment. But like I have seen, he didn't listen to me... So don't take all the blame, I don't like that." Namjoon said, placing his hand on your head. You nodded slowly.

"But I'm still afraid. What if he doesn't want this baby and leaves me? What am I going to do? I love him, Namjoon and I don't want this relationship to end!" You cried.

"(Name)-ah... Yoongi isn't like that and you know it. He would never leave you that way, just because he wants to. Instead, I know he will be happy to know about it." The boy you considered a brother told you, moving his hand from the top of your head to your cheek, making you feel comfort under his encouraging words.

You sniffed, "But what should I do? I don't want him to have a decrease on his reputation because of me. Nor want him to quit to all the things he has worked so hard for."

"I think the best thing you can do is tell him. But I will support you whatever your decision may be." You leaned forward, wrapping your arms around his neck and placing your head just beside his, he hugged you back.

"Thank you, Namjoon. Thanks for being the one I can trust no matter what." You whispered, loud enough for him to hear you.

"No... I'm the one thankful for having a person who can trust me." He said, pulling away and shooting you a smile. "Now, wash your face and smile. I don't want to see tears on your eyes again, okay?" You nodded, smiling weakly, but genuinely at him.

After a few more minutes of chat, Namjoon left you in your apartment. And you just took a bath, slamming yourself on your bed. Drifting into a deep, yet very uncomfortable sleep.