"Get out". I mumbled.

" Pape".

I cut her off. "Get out". I yelled.

Mizery stepped back. "I'll bring you something to eat soon. I love you Pape".

The door closed and I continued to stare at the ceiling thinking about what Mizery had said. She was right, I did do that but I never knew how bad it effected Miri. I took her for granted so many time's and just assumed she'd always be there for me. I brought this on myself and my only focus now is to repair it. As I laid there thinking of the memories I shared with this woman, and it was memories since childhood, wetness appeared on my cheeks. Silently I cried and couldn't even wipe my tears away because my arm's were still strapped down.

Hour's later the door opened again and Mizery came in carrying a tray of food. "I made your favorite Pape. It's probably not as good as mom's but I tried".

I have had plenty of time to think about my behavior toward my wife as well as my children and I wasn't proud about it. Giving off a slight chuckle I supplied. "I'll let you in on a secret. You're mom couldn't cook either. She spent year's trying but just didn't have the knack for it. Most of our meals were preordered and reheated. She can make stellar cookies though" . I added recalling the time we had a spat because she let some big eat her "cookie" while in college.

"Come, sit by me". I instructed Mizery.

She sat the tray down on the table and crawled up on the bed. "I'm sorry for everything baby girl. I swear this will never happen again. You did nothing wrong, it was all me. As for Aiden". I paused and took a deep breath.

"I'll admit, I don't like it but if this is what you want I will try. It's not that I don't like him, it's that I distrust him. Understand?"

Mizery nodded her head in understanding. "I wish that I could be included from this bed now".

" I know Pape but we want to make sure your meds are in full effect before we do that".

"Where is your mom at baby girl?"

" Pape, please don't put me into this predicament. I love you both and mom really needs this distance right now. Maybe I can arrange a phone call between the two of you soon".

I nodded and tried to respect my daughter's wishes. It wasn't fair to make her choose a team.

A week had passed since we had our talk and I must say that I was feeling better. Finally i was set free from the straps that held me in place. As of yet I haven't spoke to Aiden but I believe it's best that way. I'm trying my best to be respectful of Mizery's choice and I fear seeing him right now would bring out my worst. I need more time to get over the fact that he arranged all of this. Fuck, this trying to be good and normal is harder than I tho but if I get my family back it will be worth it.

Eventually Mizery pulled through and got me the phone call with Miri. Handing me the phone, she disappeared so that I had some privacy. Placing the phone to my dad I spoke softly. "Hello baby girl".

" Hi Cole. Miri says you're doing well. I'm glad". She said too calmly.

"I am, I really am. I'm so sorry Mirimosa. Please come home. I promise this will never happen again. Baby girl I love you".

There was an eerie silence on her end and my insides begin to jitter. Finally she spoke one simple word. "No".

I waited for her to finish as my mind reeled and my heart shattered. "I'm sorry Cole but I can't anymore. You've promised this too many time's before and it would last a few month's before you did it again. I just can't."

Her voice trembled with her next word's, word's that made me want to punch myself. "For Christ sake Cole, you put a gun in my mouth this time. What's stopping you from going through with it next time"?

My breath hitched as an ugly image of me doing this to get swamped my mind. Tears leaked from my eye's. "I'm so sorry Miri baby. I swear this time. I'll be better, I promise. I never wanted to hurt you, not you. You're my best friend, you're all I have, all I own. I'm nothing without you. We haven't been apart since you was born and I don't want to be apart now. I can change baby, please. We can be us again but better. I was your shadow and you my heartbeat. I know you like no one else does. You was my first kiss and I want you to be my last. Please baby girl,believe in me this time, please".

I could hear Miris soft sniffles on the other side of the phone and I knew she was crying. "I wish I could Cole but I can't, not this time. I do love you and I probably always will but it's time I loved myself more. I wouldn't survive another breakdown from you simply because you won't take your medicine. You was my first friend, first kiss, first love and sadly my first hurt. I can't keep hurting Cole. I'll help you any way I can but we can't be together anymore. I've already met with a lawyer and the divorce paper's are in motion. I'll be returning to New York in two weeks, I expect you to be moved out by then. Also do not try to seek me out. Bye Cole".

The line went dead along with my heart. After a long night of thinking I decided to give Miri just what she wanted, what she needed. I along with Mizery flew back home and I immediately begin my search for a new place. As for me being king I wasn't too worried. I had already spoken to Demarco and he had arranged something for me. It will kill me but I will respect Miri this time and leave her alone completely.

Howdy folks! Everybody off to a great weekend??

Need to clear a bit of confusion up real quick!

The book cover I shared earlier is my work. Relax, no one has ripped me off, but thanks for your concern!

I guess it did look that way as I didn't tell what the book was about and left a sarcastic little note under it..lol!

Sooo.... Can you believe it??? Our childhood lovers have thrown the towel in😦

Do you think Cole will stick to what he said and not bother Miri ?

Will Cole finally stick to taking his meds from now own?

Is Miri maybe jumping the gun and rushing the divorce?

Do you think Miri will be able to run her side of the Empire alone?

In the long run how will these effect Cole?