prologue

[abuse warning!]

---

I was on the floor, crying. The pain in my chest throbbed, making it hard to breathe. I felt like water was filling my lungs.

I was just there on the ground wheezing, trying to take in as much air as possible.

Gasping for air, I placed my hands on my side when I felt something wet there.

Forcing my hand to my face, I saw blood all over my fingertips. I turned over to lay on my back, but I felt every bone in my body shatter, every muscle in my body tear, and every vein pop. I groaned out loud, which echoed in the small, empty studio apartment.

Then I heard quiet clicks of stiletto heels coming towards me.

It was my girlfriend, Ella.

She had a wide smirk on her face as her blond hair covered the red straps on her shoulders. Her body con dress fit too tightly on her body.

Ella walked up the bloody mess on the floor, which was me.

By the look on her face, I looked grotesque.

When I looked at the mirror behind her legs, my eyes were swollen over, blood slipped out from my slack jaws, and my hair was no longer blonde. It was the color of rust.

I was as revolting as I should have been. I tried lifting myself up from the cold wooden floor.

People say you get used to pain, but I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to this. Ella stared at me for a while, then a kick sent all my thoughts flying back into the depth of my head. I held my stomach as it throbbed in pain.

I whimpered and crumpled to the floor as a well-aimed kick came to contact with my lower abdomen. I curled up into a ball as the violence continued. This only seemed to excite my girlfriend. She angrily mumbled words, sending curses at me each time. Every blow sent sharp, searing jolts of pain through my body.

The darkness of unconsciousness beckoned to me and I tried not to give in.

"Bennett, you lazy whore," Ella yelled, "get up!" She struck me in the rib, the heel of her shoes stabbing my exposed wounds. "Shit... You got my white stilettos dirty!" She shook her head in disbelief as she walked over to the closet.

"Bother helping me up?" I managed to say, "I need a bit of help." I shifted my hand up, then she slapped it away.

"Say that again. I dare you." Without looking at me, she threw a towel over her shoulder, "Clean yourself up"

I pulled myself up, suppressing my groans and screams.

It hurt so so badly.

I looked at my arm to see the new bruises cover up the old ones, new cuts covering up old scars and dry blood was crusted all over my legs. I was a wreck.

As I wiped myself down, I mumbled, "Fuck..."

"I love you." She said, trying on other shoes. "Get ready, we have to go."

"Where?"

"You're buying me the new shoes because you ruined mine." She turned to face me and slowly walked up to me. She dropped down on one knee to be eye-level with me. "Hurry up before I hit you again, Bennett." She snarled.

---

A/N Hey guys, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter(ish) see you in a few~ oh and... vote, comment, and follow me @non-se-qui-tur