(Un)lucky Naofumi 1

A/N: Hello everyone! This is a cannon of what could have happened if Naofumi reacted differently than he did and what the outcome would be. This is after the difference, but maybe you'll see some difference in the story itself. It's not YAOI (Boy Love). Also, Naofumi's past is a little changed by me. Hope you'll like it!

WARNING: There will be cursing here and mention of heavy bullying, bordering on murder

Naofumi was with Filo and Raphtalia on the way to their new mission. They were on too little food and water for a long time, but only Naofumi felt it. When everyone looked away, Naofumi would dirty his dishes and tell his companions that he already ate, even though he didn't and gave everything to the others. This went on for months until Raphtalia and Filo decided to go to the King and the other three heroes. They were still a few weeks from Meloromarc when the two girls noticed that Naofumi went slower and his movements sluggish.

"That's it! Filo, we're going to the castle for a talk with the king and those three other heroes. No one would be that heartless to let Mr. Naofumi die.", said Raphtalia with resolve.

Filo nodded and changed into her monster form and ran, with Naofumi and Raphtalia on her back, as fast as she could to Meloromarc. While they were on their way back, Naofumi passed out and was held, without any difficulty, by Raphtalia.

'He's gotten too thin! He almost weights nothing!', thought Raphtalia and told Filo: "Try to get near the Meloromarc. I don't think that Naofumi can hold on any longer with no proper bed and care."

"Understood, Sis!", said Filo and picked up her speed.

They took every third day a break before they were back on the road. Luckily, a nice Nobleman gave them an old carriage for free. That way, the risk of Naofumi falling was less likely and he could even lie down! The journey was still long and they were five (5) times teleported for the Wave, but they never showed themselves, afraid to leave Naofumi alone while he's weak.

"Water...", muttered Naofumi, only for Raphtalia to shush him and say: "We're almost there. Please hold on."

Filo was feeling more power and ran to the castle with her last strength. When they were finally in front of the gate, Filo turned back to her human form and helped Raphtalia with carrying Naofumi, blankets and all, to the throne room where the king and the three heroes were. The girls brought Naofumi in the furthest corner of the room, where it was dark, and then went themselves in the middle and bowed.

"King of Meloromarc, please listen to our request and help Mr. Naofumi. He can't find somewhere to buy food and the money runs out faster than we can earn. Would you be so kind as to give us enough money for a hotel room and a little bit of food?"

"Why should we believe you?", asked Motoyasu Kitamura (Spear Hero).

Before Ralphtalia or Filo could answer, Naofumi walked up to the throne and knelt unsteadily on the ground, begging: "P-Please, I'm begging you, King of Meloromarc, release them from their b-burden. Release them from m-me as their Shield, as their M-Master. I can't keep them safe l-like this and I won't be responsible for their d-d-death when I can not p-p-protect them."

After speaking, Naofumi begun to sway on his place and his eyes were already rolling back in his head. Ren Amaki's (Sword Hero) eyes widen and ran to Naofumi's side, fast enough to keep Naofumi's head from colliding with the floor and injuring himself. The King stood up from the throne and was already walking away, shouting to everyone that this request was not granted and that everyone was dismissed.

"Guys, he's burning up. We can't leave him alone when he's this weak. He would die within a week!", said Amaki while feeling Naofumi's forehead.

Itsuki Kawasumi (Bow Hero) snorted and said: "He's just faking it. I bet that after he gets the money, he'll 'mysteriously' gets healed by some magical angel and can go further with their journey."