Chapter 13 - A Kiss On The Cheek

Since his date with Jungkook, Taehyung has been really happy. He feels like some weight was thrown away from his shoulders. Even though he forgot about what happened between him and Jungkook years ago when he moved to Paris. When he came back to Seoul, all his memories turned livid and he felt so angry and his body and heart felt heavy. But now that they sorted out everything between them, he feels light and he smiles often. He is now friends with the other man and they have been texting each other since their date one week ago. They didn't meet up yet because they were busy with their works. Taehyung was busy preparing the final exams for this year before christmas holidays and Jungkook was busy with business meetings all week.
They stayed in contact despite being away from each other. Jungkook told him that he should talk with Jin, the male seemed really sad the last time they talked. So he said Taehyung should make peace with him. The man thought for some days but then he texted Jin to meet him for dinner in which he agreed.

There they were sitting facing each other, ordering their food and then turned silent. They haven't talked since both arrived on the restaurant. Neither one of them knows what exactly to say to break this burning ice between them. They looked at each other but then look away feeling embarrassed.

"So how have you been?" Taehyung finally musters up courage and talks. The other man looks up and gives a small smile.

"I have been fine. How about you?" Jin smiles.

"I have been fine too, a little busy with work but nothing that I can't handle." Taehyung sipped on his drink and then gave a small smile.

"You are a teacher now? That's really awesome." Jin excitedly said waving his hands in the air. The same extra man.

"Yes, for some weeks now. I actually love teaching, I thought it would be boring but I like my students and they like me back." Taehyung chuckled at his hyung's silliness.
"Have you finished your PhD?"

"Yes, finally! Now I'm an intern on Seoul's Hospital and I hope they hire me by the end of this year!" Jin said with a wide smile on his face. It made Taehyung happy to see him like that.

"I'm sure they will hire you, you are such an amazing doctor." Jin didn't get to answer back when the waitress placed their food on the table and they thanked her. They munched on their food in silence but there was something bugging Taehyung's mind. The purpose of this dinner. He needs to apologize to Jin.
"Hyung... I called you here because I wanted to apologize. I know we both said hurtful things to each other and probably we didn't mean it, but I'm really sorry." Taehyung looked up to meet the other's eyes which were focused on his words. He offered a small smile.

"I'm sorry too, Tae. I shouldn't have said the things I said and as soon as I got home, I regretted every word and cried on Joonie's chest. I thought of contacting you but knowing you, I knew you wouldn't want to even see me so I waited until you contacted me. I'm really sorry. " Jin sadly said and then grabbed Taehyung's hand over the table.

"I'm really sorry too, hyung. I was so angered that I didn't think of asking anything without attacking you. Then you said those words about me being cheated on and how I never deserved you and Jungkook, it hurt me. How you are so close to Jungkook after what happened. But everything is sorted out now, I talked with Jungkook and he told me the truth." Taehyung said as he looked at their intertwined hands and seeing his hyung rubbing his thumb on his hand to comfort him.

"You talked with Jungkook? When?" Jin said with frowned brows.

"A week ago, actually. We had dinner then we went to his penthouse and he showed me all the proof of that day. I still can't believe how can people do this bad stuff to other people, we never did anything to them. I'm glad Jungkook locked them up. I wish I was with him on the process..." Taehyung sadly said.