Joey

I hadn't felt this powerful in years , I haven't ran this fast since her death.

Alana can't die I couldn't let her die I will not have another persons death in my hand.
I pushed my self further In five minutes I reached the pack house.
Quickly shifting back to human form I rushed in the house calling for the pack doctor.

Nana came first "She lost a lot of blood." I said not taking my eyes of Alana's body so pale and motionless. If it wasn't for her heart beat she could have fooled me.
"Cut your palm Joseph" Nana told me after examining her for a while.

I gulped "what?"
"You licked her wounds I can sense it, now if you were able to heal her this should work too. Cut you palm, here" she said handing me her pocket knife.

I glared at her and did as I was told hesitantly. My wolf whimpered in my head agonizing what might happen to her.
Nana sliced Alana's wrist "What are you doing she lost enough already!" I growled at her. Jose, Maria and Alana's mother along with the Alfas and Derek rushed in when the Nana pressed my palm to Alana wrist.

I felt all her pain, her strength, her fear, her weakness, I felt everything closing my eyes I took a breath taking it all away from her. I don't know what caused her so much pain but it hurt. Not the kind of pain that you get when you get a cut it was deeper than that it was intense hit you right in the gut , the kind of pain that kills . The pain the diggs it self to the soul. This could not have come from just the rouges. My wolf began rising and I fought hard to control my beast.

Her gasp brought me back from the cloud of feelings my mind was in. Alana's color returned and her dark eyes weakly opened up. She looked at me a small smile was forming on her lips.

A throat cleared and the attention was turned on the Alpha.
"Maria help Alana to our guest room and make sure she rests" he spoke firmly.

Alana's mother helped Maria carry her upstairs. I hadn't looked up at anyone because they now they all knew "She's your mate" Jose spoke out loud.

I nodded " Look it is none of my business what you plan on doing with her as your mate ,but let me tell you son if you hurt Alana in anyway you will regret it " he scolded me.
I felt numb, I could only hear the growling that came from my wolf. I had to get out of here quick.  "Follow me to my study , Urik and Shaun are waiting for us." Alpha commanded.
We discussed the rouges in there then I took them to the bodies of the three wolves luckily humans had not reached the bodies before us.
"Joey this was very sloppy and uncommon for you what happened " he asked looking around the scene.

"We were ambushed "I answered  not fully paying attention to them, the growling had intensified. I was starting to get light headed sweat was dripping down my brow and my breaths were coming out short and clipped.

I didn't realize Derek approaching me "Go home Bro I got this " he said patting my shoulder. I nodded and shifted but unlike last time I held back I always hold back, I was barely able to hold back.

My wolf growled he hated being contained but he knew he had to. 'Just for a little more' I assured him. Ever since Alana came in to our life I've had to put more effort on containing him.
At the lake house when I first met her was the first time he fought me for control , when I kissed her the day I went to get Jose's papers it was bliss feeling her body under me. I didn't notice when he rose to the occasion.

Tonight though I could not hold him back when I saw those wolves and knew the pain they were causing her, he broke through. If I am honest with my self I did very little to hold him back . I haven't killed in years and the satisfaction that came with the kill was not safe.  The feeling all too intriguing I wont be able to hold him back  for much longer. I needed out, my wolf needed out and after his small victory tonight he wanted out he needed to feel that powerful.

I ran home letting a little more of him escape. He roared in my mead making me flinch from the force, and we ran all the way home, to the club. The club was in full blast when we sneaked through the back. Forcing me to shift back to my human form. Not fully , my wolf is too stubborn and too in control at the moment to allow that.
Sweat dripped down my brows my joints hurt, he needed out and my restraint was draining. It was getting difficult to breath I could not hold it, not for much longer. I didn't even bother trying to take a deep breath anything will set him off. He was on the brink of completely taking over and I had yet to reach my place.

I ran to my apartment hoping no one saw me. My wolf was on edge 'no one sees me tonight ' I growled at Colton through our  private mind link.

Stepping through the door a growl escaped my lips  the intensity of it making the furniture shake another rumble of growls and the frames fell off the wall.  My skin tore as the beast within me ripped it self out.

All this time of holding back I could no longer do it. In my wolf skin I tried to hold him back, I held him back Growls and whimpers came from him I opened the door the led me to that place made specially for us to stay contained . He was never really free. He and I both knew what that could cost us.

My vision blurred. He knew this was not a choice this was a matter of life and death .

I have to hold on just a little more. Reaching the wooden double doors I burst them open and Pulled the metal switch. he hated this part, he hated it so much he gave up control for this small moment. he hid so far in to me it was like he was not even there, I walked in to the white cell closed the door,with trembling hands I began chaining myself ignoring the stings from the silver. Only then did I let my self control go all of it went away. I made sure it was not only him in that cell, this time it was different. This time my wolf did not take complete control. This time he wanted me there with him.

Through every tug every whimper every sting every minute we spent in that cell we were together because this time he had a reason to want to escape. Unfortunately she was the same reason he had to stay in there as long as he had to.