"To be honest right now, I am very nervous right now." Jean takes my hand and gives me an assuring smile. I turn my head away from her, not wanting to get lost in her mesmerizing eyes.

People around us stare in shock noticing me walking past them. I try to ignore the stares by bowing my head. Jean seems unfazed by the stares and the sounds of cameras taking a picture without a flash. Luckily no paparazzi were here at the moment, so we were able to get into a taxi easily without having to push ourselves through the fans.

We step into the taxi after throwing our luggage in, we both buckle up and look outside where people start to crowd around the entrance finally noticing my existence. Jean waves at a couple girls who start to scream.

"Why are they screaming at me?"

"They're screaming at me darling." I say with a smile tugging on my lips. Jean only looks at me with a look of realization before looking down embarrassed. I rest my hand upon her upper knee and draw small circles with my thumb to comfort her, not pointing out how red she was getting at the moment. My nerves once again start to collect through my veins once I see the familiar neighborhoods we pass.

"You'll be okay." Jean says noticing how uneasy I am. I bite down on my lower lip chewing softly. I only shrug before looking back out the window in which was covered in small raindrops. It has been raining nonstop in London. I wasn't too surprised that it had begun to rain here.

Within five minutes we pull into my past, we pass my old school, my ex-best friend's house, Sally's house and now my old house. The taxi pulls to the curb and stops abruptly. I mentally curse once we lurch forward and the driver says a quick apology before waiting for me to hand him the money he surly didn't deserve. I mumble a few profound words while holding out the money. The man gives me a nod before popping open the back for us.

"This is where you lived before your glory days?" Jean stares in awe at the house in front of us. I help her take out her bags and give her a small nod. I couldn't find the words to say anything; my mind was buzzing just knowing I was so close to Sally. I motion for Jean to follow me and make my way up the driveway. From what I could tell, Lottie wasn't home but mum was.

Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I set our luggage on the bench. Jean sits down and gives me a small assuring smile before I walk over to the door and open the screen door. I look down at the colorful doormat that says, 'Welcome.' It takes a couple of seconds for me to gather up the courage to ring the doorbell. I wait, my heart beating hard against my chest not knowing if the look my mother gives me will be necessarily good.

I hear a couple of steps and a few shouts before the door fully opens to revile my mum. She looks healthy, her hair is neatly dyed and styled up, her makeup is on point and what she is wearing is beautiful. She didn't change at all since the last I saw her, though when she sees me I want to run away. I want to hide, I want to die.

My mum rakes her eyes over me, her polite smile vanishing making my heart drop. She gives me another look before her eyes start to water sparking hope inside of me.

"Louis." Her voice cracks before engulfing me into a tight hug. I am almost too shocked to hug her back. She wasn't mad at me anymore? Does she still love me? "Oh my god I can't believe you're here!" She sobs into my shoulder. I hold her tight resting my head against hers, still too shocked to say anything. I look over at Jean who stares at me with a giant smile across her face.