Chapter 5

It's been a few weeks since Len proposed to Rin and she told him that she's pregnant. The news spread quickly and before anyone knew it, everyone in the Hideout knew. The nurse, Yowane Haku, was following Rin around and helping her upstairs and down. The cook, Meiko Sakine, stopped drinking beer while cooking and preferred that Rin and Len ate in bed. Kaito and Miku would meet them at the door, helped Rin get dressed, and walked up the stairs with them and Haku would make Rin take naps, same with Len. Not only that, Kaito would protect him on the battlefield and Haku would make a big fuss if there is a tiny, tiny scratch on Len or Rin. 

Rin isn't used to this much attention, so she's slowly getting used to it. "Poor girl, they were getting so close, just only if they didn't plan ahead of us then this wouldn't of happened..." Haku said to her self, throwing away another cotton swab and dabbing Lens arm. The other side planned ahead of them by trying to take out Len with a bomb. Luckily, he noticed the bomb and moved and it burned most of his arm and the skin. 

"I told her, she started to freak out. I also told her that Len was fine and to go back back to sleep." Miku said coming in. She told Rin what happened to Len, as Haku expected, she'd freak out. Meiko then came in, out of breath and holding onto the wall with one hand and a knife in the other.

 "It's getting worse, they blew up the window to the kitchen. of course I had to hide so they wouldn't find out hideout...." she said, Miku turned a pale and just stood there, Haku stood there for a minute. After a minute Haku gave Meiko and gave Miku a glass of water, calmed her down and went back to Len. After a few minutes of waiting for Len to wake up, his eyes opened. "What happened?" He asked, looking at Haku for an answer before she told him everything that happened, including that Rin knows about the accident. He looked at her then nodded, he also knows not to move his injured arm, knowing that Haku will throw a hissy fit.

 "Rin's up and she wants to see Len, also Gakupo is fixing the kitchen. Kaito also wants to see Len, and Meiko is making dinner for Len in her house. And Luka* is crocheting something for Rin and Len. Also, Meiko is ordering more medicines for you and other stuff like pregnancy test and bandages and stuff like that. Oh, hi Len." Miku announced and Len gave her a small wave. 

"Let them visit him, Miku." Haku said. About a minute later, Rin came in, tears streaming down her face and she hugged Len and crying in his chest after Haku left. "Are you okay?  It it permanent? How big is it? Can you still eat? Can you drink water? Are we still able to sleep in the same bed still? How long will you be like this? Will you be like this when I give birth? Or will you be like this when our children grow up?" Rin asked all at once, Len knew that she was upset, especially on the last two questions where she started to cry even more and tears ran faster down her face. 

"I'm fine and it doesn't really hurt much. It's on my arm and not really big, small actually, and it's not really bloody either. I can still do things but not in a while, I'm guessing in about a week I'll be fine. Haku probably won't let me fight until it heals completely. And no, I won't die, or anything and I won't be like this when you give birth or when our kids grow up, I promise." He said, he could tell that she was relieved and gave him a gentle hug and kiss.

 "Thank goodness, all I heard was that you got blown up. I thought that you'll die or something." she sighed in relief. He smiled at her and kissed her forehead before Kaito came in with Miku. The four made jokes and had fun while it lasted. Haku let Len go home early, so Rin won't have to go up in the hospital wing every morning. A week passed and Kaito found out that Miku was pregnant . The whole place was busy then, Rin's pregnancy, Len's arm, their wedding, and Miku's pregnancy. Christmas and New Years are coming, more break days because of the huge amount of snow. Soon, New Years came by, then months passed by so quickly that it felt like a week. The day when all the snow dried up, was the hardest day of everyone's year in the war and the year everyone had in the hideout.

The reason why it was the hardest was that Rin was giving birth on that day.