Chapter 12

Lily stood in surprised, not knowing what to think. The others didn't see her staring at that one thing and left her, leaving her behind. Lily quickly caught up to them and looked around as they explored the old, empty house. Nothing special was in it, just a normal house that anyone could find on the street. The whole place from the floor to the ceiling was covered in dust, a thin layer of grey everywhere.

The cabinets were stacked with old and stale food that was good about a year ago and a small pile of unwashed dishes was piled up in the sink. Not knowing about anyone else, Lily felt that this was like a horror movie and that something was going to pop out and kill them all, but it's too late to go back now. Lily looked behind the group and saw their footsteps following them on the dusty floor. "U-Uh.. We're leaving a trail behind..." She spoke out, her shaky voice echoing around the home.

"Yea, that's the only problem besides there being not much light." Kaito explained, looking back at her. "But they'll be covered up so don't worry about a thing." He tried to reassure her, a small smile before looking back ahead. The blonde girl nodded and looked around some more. She obviously didn't know what their objective was, but she'd find out soon enough. "Here they are."

"Holy shit, that's not a pleasant smell." A voice called up from the front. An overhead light flickered on and the group emerged out of  the hall and into the small room. Lily immediately covered up her nose and resisted to vomit.

In the center of the room, a small group of men was laying on the ground dead with a small swarm of flies. "Ugh, this sucks." Gakupo sighed and got a handkerchief out of his pocket and grabbed on of their arms, dragging them out of the old house. Kaito and Len helped drag the rest out, leaving Lily and Meiko alone. The brunette looked around and gasped a little, moving aside some things and stomping on the ground. "Hey you guys! Found it!" She yelled. Confused, Lily looked at Meiko before moving to the side and letting the men come back into the room.

Len crouched down and lifted up the floor, seeing a passageway under the house. Kaito let out a sigh of relief and grabbed a lantern they left outside of the room.  They made a line, Lily being in the middle, and heading down, Kaito leading the way with the only source of light available. "Well this is interesting." Meiko said, trying to make some conversations.

"Yea, I mean we found some dead guys. That was fun, I had such a party." Gakupo replied sarcastically. Len scoffed a bit with a small chuckle.

"Sure was, wish Haku was here so she could hold us back 2 whole hours." He said, making Meiko laugh her head of.

"I mean hey, we could've taken their money in their pockets." She said, still laughing a bit.

"Meiko darling, stop trying to steal money from dead people. They dead broke anyways." Kaito yelled back to her.

"But it's not fair that you baboons get more money than me! I feed all of you wild animals and get 59¢! 59¢! That's ridiculous."

"Well that sucks for you hunny bunch." Kaito replied laughing. The whole way down was quiet, except from Meiko mumbling about something that was probably about money. Lily silently sighed, tired on the dusty smell and the pain in her feet, not to mention how surprising hot it was. There was a small hushing sound and footsteps echoing on a concrete floor. The lantern that Kaito was holding landed on the ground and rolled, hitting a girl in the middle of the floor and stopped, her pale face looking back at them with hope. "Please help.... Me.." She asked with her soft voice echoing around the room.

Meanwhile, Haku impatiently tapped her foot on the ground while pacing around the room. Miku and Rin watched her and waiting for her to explode and start throwing a huge fit. Haku angrily sighed and threw her clipboard down and turned at the turn. "Where are those God forbidden men!? Oh my god!" She yelled, looking at the door.

"M-Maybe they got into some trouble...?" Miku suggested, smiling a bit. Haku sighed again and walked around in a huge circle. She sighed angrily again and sat down next to the two. "They said that they'll be back in less than an hour!"

"What if they need help or got lost?" Rin suggested while holding a moving baby in her arms.

"True true, but I honestly doubt that. The only thing I know is that Meiko better hurry up before the whole place goes on a rampage." Haku got up and walked to her office, shutting the door not so nicely.

Miku let out a soft sigh and got up with a soft smile at Rin. "See you later then I guess."

"Yea, same here." Rin got up also and left also, going down the stairs and going back to where she was staying for now, placing her child in their crib. A sigh exited her lips as she sat down on the bed, running her fingers through her hair and looking up at the ceiling. She wouldn't lie and say that she wasn't worried about them, because they were gone for quite a while now. Just as she got up to go and get something, there was a loud noise and voices yelling. A shiver went down her back and she immediately grabbed her children, one on each hip, and she went up. She saw The group who left earlier was crowded around the infirmary, Haku yelling at them to take a step back so she could have some room to do her job. 

Rin, who was just as curious as everyone else, went to go see what was happening, going to the group that was surrounding the infirmary. Len, who saw Rin from the corner of his eye, turned around and went to go see her, placing his hands gently on her shoulders. "What happened?" She asked, looking at Len with slight worry in her eyes.

"We found a girl while we were-"

"Is she okay?" Rin interrupted, her eyes widening. 

"She'll be okay, I'm sure of it." Len said with a small smile, stroking her slick blond hair. He picked up a child that was at her side and wrapped an arm around her thin frame, the two of them walking away.