Chapter 3

A few weeks past, and the routine followed: wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to war, on break day do the first 4, stay at the house until Kaito and Miku come, talk for an hour or two, go to the hideout, stay until dark,  and finally sleep. As the weeks past, Rin and Len sleep in the same bed now, with their backs facing each other.  They do that now because Rin didn't have a place to stay, so Len offered for her to stay over at his tiny underground home. As for the bed, they ended up have a fight about who sleeps where, so this was their only option.. So, they ended like this, backs facing each other and red faces. 

Rin longed to go outside, but because of war, she couldn't. The closest she could go outside was by standing at the door and watching Len go or sitting by the window, waiting until he comes back. At times she fell asleep waiting for him, so Len had to carry her to the house because he didn't want to wake her up, also a lot of times he had to leave early. They kissed only once while they were staying together, it was an accident. They both turned at the same time and kissed. They both wish it happened again, but longer. 

 It happened so fast... Len thought to himself one day when he was getting dressed early in the morning. He thought of a plan to confess to Rin. Meanwhile, Rin was thinking the same thing while she was waiting for Len to come back home. Everyone went home early because of a bad storm that happened in the middle of the huge battle. After the board game Rin and Len were playing a card while the storm was raging outside. 

"Hey Len," Rin blurted out out of all of the sudden, placing a few cards on the table

"Yeah?" 

"Can I tell you something?" 

"Sure." Len replied, placing a card down on their small brown table.

 "I love you" 

Len freezed in his tracks, Rin's words echoing in his head. Rin loves me too? He thought, looking at Rin from the other side of the table. She had her head down, a bright red blush spread across her cheeks. They were both silent, the only noise audibile were the people next door and thunder from the outside. Len placed his deck on the table and stood up from his chair. Scared of what he'd do, she glanced up and was surprised when another pair lips met hers. When they pulled away to breath, Len placed a gently hand on cheek and smiled at her. 

"I love you too, Rin" He told her before kissing again. Not long after, the 2 abandoned the innocent and simple game of cards and went to their own activity in their bed. The new couple danced in with groans and moans here and there, making the night last as long as it can.

That morning, Rin woke up with her body aching and a moderate headache. She looked next to her and saw Len, his arms wrapped around her thin body. A dark blush came to her face as she remember what happened that night. Rin softly laid her head on Len's chest, slowly falling back asleep. 'Hey Rin, can you come here for a second?" Len asked later that morning, getting dressed for the day.

"Sure, what do you need?" She replied, walking up to Len. He leaned in and softly kissed her, pulling away and smiling at her before leaving. She stood there, flabbergasted a little as a blush rose to her cheeks. From that day on, the 2 starting giving each other little pecks on the cheeks before Len left and when he came home.