I felt my lungs squeezing and giving out just as I inched my way closer to the raft.

I desperately needed air. But it was either me or the man, and shockingly, I'd rather have it be me.

My vision was getting darker by the second. My grip was getting looser.

Then the man started to move.

Soon enough I was being pulled up by him. Upon reaching the surface I gasped for the very much needed air. By this time my energy from a plane crash and swimming at least now 100 yards, was slowly pulling me under. And I was slowly starting to let it. I still had at least 60 yards to go with the old man before I get back to the raft. And it wouldn't be long before the sharks come either.

•••

Edmond Bailey's POV.
Day 1, mid-day

My body went rigid and the blackness was going away. I felt myself being pulled up by something. Then my eyes opened and I saw the blurriness that could only be water.

But it was short-lived because then it was solid blackness again. Maybe someone came to save me after I waved my arm upon seeing that yellow raft. But I only hoped that someone saw me.

I knew I was unconscious but I could still feel someone pulling me up. When their grip slowly died off, I knew this was it.

The scariest feeling was knowing I had to move to save my life, but couldn't.

Not just out of fear, but being unconscious, my brain wasn't sending signals to my arms or legs. Fight! Fight through it! Move your body! My subconscious told me. But I just would not move.

Move now. This time it wasn't my subconscious, it was Doris's voice in my head. That was all I needed to get my blood flowing. Then I kicked my leg, then my other leg.

Soon enough I was pulling the man I sat next to on the plane to the raft, that was ever so far away.

•••

Meghan Polinsky's POV.
Day 1, mid-day

All I remember is flailing my arms and legs, kicking something. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my body and I felt myself relax.

Everything felt fuzzy, went fuzzy too.

The next thing I knew the man I ran into on the plane was looking down on me as I opened my eyes.

I could hear faint screaming. My head spinning, I watched as he turned around. And stood up.

This is really real.

I stood up too, shocked by my sudden adrenaline rush. I looked in the direction he was looking in. But suddenly my eye caught something over on the side.

Familiar brown hair...

She waved her hand around in the air. I narrowed my eyes and felt my jaw drop. It was Darcy. She was standing on a piece of debris that was floating in the water.

"Darcy." Was all I managed to get out before diving into the water.

I pumped my legs until they were sore and went up for air.

I had to get to her.

Gasping for air, I could tell Darcy was getting further and further away. Was it just me or did she seem closer on the raft?

But still feeling determined, I continued to swim my way to her. I could see her getting closer and I couldn't help the joy I felt to see her.

I got to her and tossed my body onto the floating debris. "Margret! Margret!" She said practically in tears. I brought my eyes to her and saw her little, innocent face covered in blood and a lot of it. That's when the thought came.