~• 8 •~

PART 8.. fanficparker

The noise of the clinging cutlery was annoying for everyone, except you

The noise of the clinging cutlery was annoying for everyone, except you. Because you were the one making it. Just like one can't always smell their own perfume.

Since the second you sat on the dining table, your head was low, concentrated on the plate while your forks and spoons battled with the food. You could feel the intense gaze of your mom and Harrison on you as if you were wearing a garland made of fairy lights.

"What?!" You quipped looking at your mom, almost sounding like you were ready to break a bone. Your mom looked at you and nodded.

"You aren't eating..."

That's when you noticed you were just playing with your food instead of really eating it. But was it entirely your fault? How would you stop your brain playing events of the past and predicting a terrible future based on your past shitty life? It all started with Harrison inviting you as a date to his friend's party. And then the kissing prank and now kissing. Real kissing. Maybe not that real... But at least kissing.

"Are you okay?" Your mom asked again when you failed to produce a response to the earlier question. Your mind lost in nothing but intermingling thoughts.

"Umm... Yeah. Just wasn't hungry..."

Lie.

You didn't eat for the past nine hours and now you were telling that you weren't hungry and were already giving her a fake smile.

"Is something happened between you both?" Another question. And you noticed Harrison's concerned eyes on you. Then you noticed he merely had eaten a bite.

"No. We are fine." You were surprised because of the question.

"But you took the farthest seat from him? I mean you guys were just... having a moment and now?"

Oh god.

"No, nothing happened between---" Before you could complete your statement, Harrison had interrupted you.

"Yeah."

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Did he just say yes? You were re-thinking about your decision of trusting him once again. Your hand rested on your forehead as your gaze fell on the plate again.

"Actually, I left Y/n's laptop charger on our flight, so she's a little pissed at me."

Wow. Your head shot up, your eyes meeting Harrison's and his eyebrows did a weird dance. Yeah, Harrison Osterfield chose to do this weird eyebrow dance instead of normal human winking. Especially when he couldn't make a single eyebrow lift at once. Weirdo. But it was cute. And smart. And you couldn't ignore the little crumbling in your stomach.