~• 4 •~

PART 4.. fanficparker

The next morning seemed brighter and lighter

The next morning seemed brighter and lighter. After stretching your arms and groaning lightly, you already felt more energetic than the day before. Seeing the notification on your phone reading, '2 missed calls from Simon', you rolled your eyes, tossing the phone back on the bed and making your way to the shower.

"Your work is personally my favourite. I mean it doesn't look like you are any less than professionals."

The moment the warmth of the shower touched your skin, those words echoed in your head.

"You're just bluffing," You mumbled, smiling sheepishly while rubbing the shampoo off your hairs.

"Don't believe me but my fortune cookie did tell me that."

You almost jumped thinking you really heard him or that he was there. You looked around, feeling exposed but then relaxed finding no one.

Maybe Jade was right, I am a hopeless romantic.

* * *

You reached your workplace, eyes trying to find Jade and share the events of the last evening, but all you met was a grumpy Simon.

Huh...

"Did you sleep well last night, Y/n?"

You were just supposed to walk past him and do your job until he threw this taunt. You stopped at his words, ready to throw back violently.

"You know what---"

"Oh Y/n, Hi... I actually was searching for you."

You heard Harrison from the door and he almost ran inside the room.

"Yeah what's the work with me?" You ask Harrison, still eyeing at Simon.

"Yeah... It's hmm it's... ah... what was it... umm..." Harrison rubbed his neck giving side glanced to both you and Simon while, you waited for his response but all he did was 'umm-hmm'.

"Are you going to say something or fucking disturb our conversation?!" Simon snapped, completely irritated with Harrison's interruption.

"He's here to talk to me, he can take as much time as he needs." You reverse snapped at Simon and turned to face Harrison. And as gently as possible with a smile on your lips asked, "Yeah, what were you saying?"

"What seriously Y/n, you are taking his side?!" Simon grunted, throwing his head back. Harrison didn't like where this conversation was going. He bit the insides of his cheeks, afraid his message secret was soon going to be revealed.

"Taking his side? You ditched me on our date yesterday, Simon! He was the one who literally was there for me!"

Harrison squeezed his eyes shut, his nails lightly digging on the skin of his palms when he tightly clenched his fists. His heart was sinking, he wasn't ready for this.