Chapter 9: Catching Up With Friends

The next day Izuku was late to school so he missed registration, meaning that he missed talking to Katsuki. He didn't know whether to be disappointed or to be happy about that, though.

They didn't call or text each other after The Kiss so it's safe to say that things would be pretty awkward if they had a conversation. Izuku just hopes that Katsuki won't be weird about it.

However, to his releif Katsuki wasn't weird about it all, quite the opposite actually. He seemed to be in a better mood than usual and the next three periods were filled with soft smiles, blushes, heart-eyes and friendly brushes to the shoulder when they passed by each other in the halls.

When Lunch finally rolled round, Izuku guaranteed that Uraraka would want all the details but that really didn't bother him right now since he was going to search for Katsuki after retrieving his food.

"Yeah, I'd like some rice with that please-"

"Hey."

Izuku nearly jumped out of his skin when that was whispered in his ear. He turned and saw that the very blonde he was searching for had slid his tray up next to him.

Izuku's face burned when he realized they were finally going to have a conversation. He squeaked out a small 'Hi' in return.

"I didn't see you in registration today." Katsuki said, as they walked towards their tables.

"I was late. Again." Izuku admitted, bashfully.

"Yeah, you really need to stop doing that, you're going to get in trouble one day." He replied with a chuckle.

"I can't go to sleep that easily because I'm thinking..."

"Thinking about what?"

To that question the greenette looked away, embarrassed.

"Ooh lemme guess, you thinkin' about me?" Katsuki concluded with a smirk.

"W-well! It's not my fault that you're so handsome!"

That comment only helped fuel Katsuki's laughter.

When they got to their junction, they briefly said their goodbyes and turned to go to their own tables. However, their heads simultaneously whipped back to look at the other in confusion.

Both their tables were empty.

"Have you seen Uraraka and Iida?" Izuku asked.

"No. Have you seen Shitty Hair and Pikachu?"

"Guys!"

The shout came from in front of them and they both saw Kirishima waving them over, "We're over here!"

He was accompanied by Kaminari (obviously) as well as Uraraka, Iida and this guy that Izuku has never seen before.

As he and Katsuki approached, he could make out his features a bit clearer. His hair was halved into two colours: the left part white and the right part red. He had heterochromic eyes and what looked like a birth mark on his right eye.

"What are you idiots doing here?" Katsuki demanded.

"Oh, we thought it'd be fitting for us to all sit together now since we're all friends -"

"No we're not."

"- and to also make celebrating you two easier!" Kaminari finished.

"That's all great guys but who's this?" Izuku asked, taking a seat next to Uraraka, with Katsuki sitting in the seat next to him.

"Oh, this is one of our good friends Todoroki Shoto! Todoroki- san, this is the new student Midoriya Izuku" Iida introduced, "He just returned from a business trip with his father." He explained to Izuku.