Chapter 4: Pick Up Lines

"C'mon dude! You can do it!" Kirishima whispered to him encouragingly from around the corner as his boyfriend, Kaminari, gave a thumbs up and held his binoculors to his eyes, ready for action.

Katsuki sighed and face-palmed. He had no idea why Denki was roped into this but he was sure it was a big mistake.

Once he was introduced to Kaminari, everything immediately clicked into place. Idiots attract idiots and judging by how love-sick they looked he was pretty sure his hypothesis was correct.

Now, he was being trained by the two most stupidest people on the planet to supposedly "Win Izuku's heart" but it would most likely embarass him instead.

"Just like we rehearsed, bro!"

"I don't need your fucking pep talk, ok!? Just give me a minute." Katsuki whisper shouted back at him.

Just then the bell rang, so he took a deep breath and stood waiting next to Izuku's locker.

He spotted Izuku a few moments later, strolling towards his locker while chatting with his friends. He was mid-laugh when Uraraka pointed to Katsuki. Following her finger, his eyes fell upon Katsuki standing, rather awkwardly, next to his locker making his entire face to turn fire truck red.

The greenette attempted to hide behind his friends but they sadly betrayed him as they pushed him the last few feet to his destination.

Now, it was time to bust out the pick-up lines.

Izuku was about to open his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Katsuki.

"A-are you related to- to Jean-Claude van Damp? Damm." He quickly corrected himself as he tried to decipher the smudged words written across his palm.

"Wh- Um, who-"

"Because Jean-Claude van Damm you're cute."

Katsuki was proud of the fact that he didn't stutter this time around and waited for Izuku's response but the shorter teen just stared at him, confused.

"Uh, so...What exactly are you asking?"

Whatever hopes the blonde had, collapsed as embarassment started seeping through his mind and eventually showing on his cheeks.

Stop it! Don't get embarassed! Just try the next one.

"D-do you like rinsin-raisons?"

Izuku tapped his chin in thought for a moment, "Uh, yeah I guess. I haven't had many but they do taste interesting!"

"Well, how do you feel about a d-date?"

"Oooh, I love dates!"

Katsuki's heart skipped a beat because he couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Really!?"

"Of course!" Izuku grinned up at him, "They're my favourite fruit after all!"

Oh.

Katsuki scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Um, that's not really what I meant but, uh- I'll keep it in mind..."

He took a quick glance at his hand to check if there were any left and there was. His eyes widened in realization as he clamped his hand shut and glanced away, cheeks burning.

There was absolutely no fucking way he was gonna say that.

But it was the only thing left. So he had no choice.

After a mental slap in the face, he glanced at the line one more time before meeting the other boy's eyes and saying it.

"Did you sit in a pile of sugar?" He asked, watching the confusion cloud Izuku's face once more, "B-because you got a sweet ass."