Short, Simple, and Sweet

Start from the beginning

          I cautiously opened the door, poking my head into my room. The room was empty so that probably meant Austin was downstairs or something. My door was open though, so I quickly went over to it and shut it tight. I pulled a matching black bra and underwear out of my drawers and slipped them on. I shrugged out of my robe and placed it on my bed, heading towards my closet. I took my towel out of my hair, manually scrunching it as I tried to decide what to wear.

          As I stood there in nothing but my bra and underwear, my door burst open, following by Austin walking in like he didn’t even see me. I covered myself with my towel, my face heating up. He picked up his phone on the bed and pushed a bunch of buttons. His back was to me so he still didn’t realize I was there. I cleared my throat, trying to get his attention. He jumped a little and looked over his shoulder. When he saw me standing there, his face got redder than mine if at all possible.

          “I-I forgot my phone.” He laughed nervously, holding up his phone.

          I just looked at him and raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to leave.

          “I’ll um…go.” He said awkwardly, walking out the door and shutting it behind him.

          I let out a sigh of relief and turned back to my closet, deciding on one of the few maternity dresses that I actually liked. I got dressed and scrunched my hair before applying a little make up. I slipped on some flip flops, grabbed my bag, and retreated down the stairs and into the living room where Austin was lounging on the couch, watching Family Guy. He hasn’t changed a bit.

          “I’m ready.” I said.

          He looked up at me and smiled slightly. “Look I’m really sorry; I thought you were still in the shower-”

          I held my hand up, cutting him off. “It’s fine.”

          He smiled gratefully and heaved himself off the couch, shutting the TV off. “Let’s go then. You look beautiful by the way.”

          “Thank you.” I blushed.

          He led me outside and into his fancy red Mustang, opening the door for me. I slid in and buckled myself up. He got in behind the wheel and drove to his house. It was a good twenty or so minutes away and we spent those twenty minutes in a comfortable silence, listening to the radio playing softly in the background.

          We finally pulled up to his house and I reluctantly got out. My hands were starting to shake just by being here again and I wasn’t even inside yet. I took a deep breath and hitched my bag higher on my shoulder. I didn’t even realize that I just stood there staring at it until Austin called my name from the front door. I snapped back to reality, gave him a reassuring smile, and joined him at the door where he unlocked it and ushered us inside.

          Just like my home, nothing had changed here. It was still the cute little house that was the perfect size for someone that just moved away from home. I heard the jingle of a tiny bell and I waited to be jumped on by Angel but instead of the sweetheart of a dog that I missed so much, it was Romo. I’m not saying I don’t like him but he’s not the nicest cat in the world. He seems to have missed me though since he pranced over to me and started purring. I squatted down and ran my fingers through his white fur.

          “He’s being nice to you!” Austin exclaimed.

          I chuckled. “Once in a lifetime opportunity.”

          “No kidding! Well, I’m gonna go get ready. You can make yourself at home, you know where everything is.” He said awkwardly before walking down the hall and shutting the door to his bedroom.

          I stood up and looked around the room, wrapping my arms around myself. Now that I was here, all the memories and past events came rushing back to me. It was almost too overbearing. But I had learned that God doesn’t put you in a position and expect you to get out alone. He helped me through those long and endearing four months and I knew He would help me know.

          So I shook it off, and held my head higher. I walked over to the couch and plopped down as carefully as I could. I ran my hands over the suede material of the couch and smiled. I had my first kiss with Austin on this couch.

          I laid my head on his shoulder and moved closer to him. He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

          The Notebook was playing on TV and I insisted on making him watch it with me. He didn’t want to at first, but after my begging and pleading for him to do so, he agreed.

          It was at the part where Noah was hanging from the Ferris wheel, asking Ali out on a date. I looked up at Austin and smirked.

          “Would you have done that to make me go out with you?” I questioned.

          “I would’ve done anything for you to go out with me.” he smiled down at me.

          “Really?”

          “Of course. Why wouldn’t I?”

          I looked down at my lap and shrugged.

          “What’s wrong, Princess?” he tilted my chin up to make me look at him but I looked back down and shook my head.

          “Talk to me, babe.”

          “Why do you even like me? There’s nothing special about me.” I mumbled.

          He sighed and dipped his head to where he was eye level with me. He brushed a piece of hair out of my face and looked me in the eyes until I couldn’t ignore him anymore.

          “There isn’t a thing about you that’s not special. I like you because you’re you. You’re different and you’re proud to be. You’re so beautiful and you don’t even know it.” he whispered, leaning closer to me.

          “Do you mean that?”

          “I do.”

          He brushed his lips over mine, causing all kinds of sparks to electrocute. It shocked me at first but I found myself kissing him back. It was everything I wanted our first kiss to me, short, simple and sweet. I could’ve have asked for a better one.

----------------------------------

A/N- Kind of a filler, I know but I wanted to update so here it is!! Hope you guys liked it! VOTE :D I don't really have much to say...wait, yes I do, last night I had the craziest dream. I dreamt that I was pregnant with Austin's baby. I'm not even kidding, it was crazy!! Anywho lol, comment! (: adios for now! Je t'aime! Love, moi (: