34

"De la Cruz!" she called down the hallway causing him to look at her confused.

He said bye to his friends and walked over to her.

"You called?"

"Thank you..." 

"For what Princess?"

"For telling Scott, we got back together."

"I meant what I said... You didn't deserve to lose that because you helped me."

She hugged him, catching him by surprise. He took her small figure in his arms smiling slightly.

It had taken him a while but he came to terms with not being able to have her but he needed her to be happy. 

* 1 week ago

Is was laying on her bed while Monty lay on her floor.

"I just don't get it... I didn't give him any reason not to trust me so why would he ever think I could do something like that... I'm not like that..."

"You're not but I am, it's not that he doesn't trust you. He doesn't trust me."

"You're not bad though! You wouldn't do that."

"You really believe that?"

"Yeah! You have shown me no other reason to believe you would. Yeah you're a player, yeah you sleep around but I don't think you would ever do that."

"You're the only one."

"Monty, you're not bad. You may have anger issues but you have every right to. You may be a player but you haven't found the one you think is worth seeing past the mean and angry Monty. Once you find someone you'll know will be good for you, you'll let her see the Monty I see." she smiled down at him

Little did she know, he thought she was the worthy one.

* current

He reminisced as he held her. He saw the good in her that nobody ever had. Everyone always saw the bad in him, the anger, the player but she saw the player with a big heart, the angry kid with a tough background.

He let her good and just looked at her.

"I'll catch you later Princess." He playfully pushed her and walked away.

"Be good De la Cruz." she smiled at him

"Aren't I always." he teased walking away from the girl.

"Hey J." she smiled as Jeff came to view. He threw his arm over her shoulders as they walked to class together.

-------------------------

After school, some of the baseball team decided to go to Jeff's house for a fun game.

"What's the score, Princess!" Monty yelled

"5-3" she answered from a chair on the back patio where she sat watching the game.

"Babe! There's no way we're losing what the hell"

"Sorry baby, it is what it is." she shrugged smirking a little.

The boys continued to play while she kept score. She laughed at how angry they would get at each other. She felt happy, she loved being around them like this. Calm and playful.

"Okay! Game over 12-11, I am going to go shower and do homework." She said standing from the table and going up to her room locking the door behind her.

After quickly showering and brushing through her hair she threw on some shorts and one of the guys old t-shirts with some socks. 

She walked down into the kitchen to get some water. As she was pouring her glass she felt arms around her waist. 

"I thought you went home." she said spinning in the arms to be face to face with her boyfriend.

"Not without saying goodnight to my girl." he stated kissing her softly.

"Well Reed, it's late and we have school tomorrow." She said sipping her water.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He kissed her again turning to walk away.

Stopping abruptly when he felt a stinging feeling on his butt.

"Night cutie." she winked at him as she walked him out the house.

Once Scott left, Is made her way up to her room. She jumped when she saw a beat and bloody-nosed Monty.

"Monty..."

"Is, I can't feel my finger..." 

"Let me see." she grabbed his bruised hand. She began feeling around and wiggling his swollen finger.

"Not broken, fractured or sprained maybe, but not broken." She stood up to grab the first aid kit from her bathroom.

This had become routine for her. His dad had been getting drunk more often and he had been trying to avoid him but he had to go home eventually. 

She cleaned his face up and ran down to grab an ice pack for his hand. She placed small band-aids on his cuts. She placed a pillow under his arm for elevation.  

"I'm sorry Is..."

"Sorry?"

"You shouldn't have this responsibility... You shouldn't have to do this every night. This is the last time I promise..."

"Hey, no. No, it's okay really. I don't mind it, I wouldn't want you hurt and on the streets or something."

"It's been going on too long, I'll find somewhere to go I'll be fine."

"No Monty, you come here whenever you need me, I told you I would always be here for you..."

"That's why I can't come anymore Is..."

"W-what? I'm so confused?"

"I...I um I like you more than a friend and I can't do that to Reed, he's my best friend and so are you I can't Is..."

"Uh...O-oh. I um..."

"It's okay really, thanks for everything. I um I appreciate you... like a lot."

"I know Mon, this doesn't change anything you know. You'll always have a place here..."

"Thanks, Is..." he laid down on the floor. She kneeled adjusting the pillow below his elbow and placing the ice on his hand.

She walked out of her room and over to Jeff's knocking on the door.

"Isa?"

"J, Monty has been sleeping her for almost 2 months because he has really bad family issues. We've gotten pretty close and Scott knows but Monty just told me he likes me like likes me likes me and I don't want him to be afraid to come here because he needs this. I can't leave him on the streets but Scott will kill him if he finds out..." she breathed

"Hey, hey okay? um is Monty here?" 

she nodded 

"2 months?"

she nods once again

"Well, maybe you should keep it between us and Monty so Scott doesn't get in any trouble. As for Monty, I'll convince him to still come when he needs but maybe you know only emergencies."

She nodded one last time before hugging Jeff. 

Ohhhh Tea!! Anywhoooo hellooooooo my lovely readers. My semester is almost over! 3 more weeks!! Then it's summer which means more frequent updates! This is chapter 34! 34! who would've thought? Does anyone have any ideas where I should go with this book? I may be thinking of a second book? Any ideas for that? You guys are the readers and I love having your input and ideas fuel some of my chapters! Get excited!!!!

                                   - love B