15

Laying in bed staring at the ceiling she was knocked from her thoughts as her phone buzzed on the nightstand.

Rolling over she grabbed her phone opening the Instagram Dm

Scott Reed

I need you

5 minutes

on my way 

Walking down the steps she saw Izac sitting watching the baseball game on the TV.

"Hey, Iz where you going?"

"For a walk, I won't be long." she said hastily walking out the front door.

"Hey, you okay?" she said quickly as she got in the silver car.

"Y-yeah um, I just needed to get out of Bryce's house and clear my head."

"With me?"

"I don't know, yo-you always say the right stuff and school has been I don't know... hard."

Walking out to the grassy area of the same park they always have gone to.

"Why has it been hard? You seem okay?"

"This whole rapist thing with Bryce is getting out of hand. They're accusing the entire baseball team of it."

"Listen, Bryce isn't my favorite person which you probably know but you... you, Jeff, and my brothers are not rapists." she said intertwining her fingers with his.

"How are you so sure? You're new around here and I know you hear the rumors a-and h-how can I tell you actually believe me."

"H-hey no. Look at me, I know you are not like them."

"Izabela come on!" he le go over he hand. "I see the way you look at me when I'm with them and then you look at me completely different when it's just us."

"How do you expect me to look at you the same when you're with me and you're this sweet guy who makes corny dad jokes and is super smart but then with them your this dumb jock asshole!" she stood from the ground. "How do you expect me to let you in when I don't know who the real you is?"

"I didn't ask you to come here to argue with me and tell me about myself."

"Well, I didn't come out here for you to question my opinion Scott nor for you to yell at me."

He stood from the ground grabbing her shoulders.

"Hey, hey look at me. I'm sorry it's just that I ugh this shit is so frustrating but I shouldn't have taken it out on you.." he grabbed her face making her look at him.

She leaned further into his hands wrapping her small fingers around his wrist. 

"Scott..."

"Iz, come on. I'm sorry."

"I know, I know but I do believe you."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry I shouldn't have doubted you."

He pulled her head closer to his kissing the top of her head.

"You, Izabela Arroyo bring out this person in me that I can't be around them and it helps me so much. It helps me not be so angry all the time. You help me and I don't know how but just being here with you, just you and me it's been good for me."

She blushed dropping her head.

"Look at me." he laughed.

"You really are a softy you know that?"

"Yeah but I'm your softy Iz."

She smiled at him intertwining their fingers again.

"Yeah, my softy." they both sat back in the grass and continued to talk.

"It's just not fair to you or the other guys who love the game like you to be accused of something so disgusting." 

"Which is why I hate this so much and why it bothers me. I usually don't let shit like this get to me."

"It's getting late come Iz." he stood extending his hand to her.

Pulling up to the corner he looked at her.

"Thank you, Iz... not just for tonight but for these past few nights. I don't know what I would've done these last couple weeks without you."

"You told me if I needed you that you would be there for me so I'll always be there for you Scott. I promise." she said extending her finger.

He looked at her smiling before wrapping his pinky around her small one.

"Anytime you need Scott."

"And don't hesitate to ever call me okay beautiful?"

"I won't" she smiled getting out the car and walking back to her house.

"So how's Scott?" she heard as soon as she entered the house.

"Oh shit!" she pushed Izac's chest "You scared me."

"Why are you sneaking around with Reed Iz?"

"We're not sneaking around and no we aren't together because I know you're thinking that."

"So why is he picking you up down the street?"

"We didn't want anyone to know because rumors would start."

"Just be careful Izzy, okay?"

He hugged his younger sister.

"I am, trust me. I am."

Walking up to her room walking to her closet she pulled out a box. In that box, there were pictures that belonged to her mother and a journal Izabela constantly wrote her thoughts in. 

It's been a while. I guess I couldn't really find anything important enough or complicated enough in my life that I need to figure out or just get out of my head.

 She paused writing for a second letting out a sigh before picking up the pen again and continuing.

Life has been so different since mom died. This move, the new school, the new people, and the drama oh the drama that comes with Liberty High School. 

When I came here I never thought this type of thing happened in a small town like this one. Jeff never mentioned all this chaos that went down especially everything that happened with Hannah Baker.

He also didn't mention the boys... Bryce, Clay, Justin, Tony, Monty, Scott.

Scott... He is something different. He has this rude asshole act at school but he never acts like that with me. I don't know which side of him is real and which one is just a show. 

Not knowing the difference is what is keeping me from letting him, from being vulnerable around him. 

I like him, I do but you know how I am. If the words don't come out of my mouth then it isn't real so, for now, it's between you, me, mom, and God. 

I keep trying to figure out the real Scott Reed but I have yet to see it. I just need a sign or light or something. 

That's all, for now, journal... at least until I have too much in my head to handle.

She placed the pen down, closed the journal, placed it back in the box, and push the box in the back of her closet.

She stood from her floor and made her way to her bed. Shutting off the lights she went right to sleep.