29

"Morning Pretty Girl, Scott told us you weren't feeling to good last night. I hope you have a better day today, maybe you could come down and we can chill and make you feel better tonight."

She rolled over and looked at her phone smiling. She felt so grateful to have such amazing people in her life like Jeff and her brothers and Scott of course.

She laid in bed for another hour or so before she actually got up. 

She walked over to her closet grabbing a grey t-shirt dress, a jean jacket, and some converse before walking to the bathroom to brush her teeth, do some light makeup and curl her hair.

She walked down to the kitchen grabbing a granola bar, some snacks and some water for the ride down to the camp. 

Finally arriving at the camp she got out the car and walked over to the bleachers. She watched the boys doing some conditioning.

They hadn't noticed she was there so she made her way down to the gate by the dugout.

She waited for them to walk out. 

"Is! I missed you." Isaac said running to his sister picking her up in a big hug.

"I miss you guys too." She said hugging all of her brothers.

"Hi baby." she smiled up at Scott who already had a huge smile on his face.

He engulfed her in a huge hug. She giggled as he lifted her off the ground. 

"Dude you guys make me miss my girlfriend" Caleb spoke walking up.

"Hi Caleb." Isabela laughed

"Hey Isabela."

They all went back to Caleb and Scott's room to catch up.

Isabela was leaning against Scott on the couch.

"I missed you" he whispered in her ear.

She looked up at him through her lashes smiling.

"So um, how's dad?" Isaac spoke out of nowhere.

"Oh um he's good, he said he missed you guys and hopes you're doing good. He looks good." she smiled softly.

Scott took notice of how uneasy she was and squeezed her hand.

"Wanna go for a walk?" he suggested 

She nodded. He grabbed her hand and stood up. "We'll be back."

The pair walked down to a small pond that was by the cabins.

"I missed you." Scott broke the silence

"I missed you too Scotty." she smiled

"How are you feeling? Really."

"I don't know." she attempted shrugging it off 

"No, no you can't be like this with me. Pretend we're still just getting to know each other and I picked you up and drove you to the park. Tell me..." He placed his arms around her. 

She placed her chin on his chest looking up at him.

"I feel so alone." she admitted.

"It's so selfish because I have you and the guys but I miss my mom giving me dating advice or taking us out to take pictures and I miss my dad constantly bringing me chocolate bars home after work and leaving them for me to find them when I got up for school. I miss my family and of course, I have my family now but I miss the old times." she dropped her head. 

"It's so selfish." she choked out

"No babe it isn't. You have every right to miss how things used to be, to miss your parents." He kissed the top of her head.

"Ugh how did I ever get you?" she chuckled wiping some stray tears away.

"By being you and being there for me." he laughed pulling her closer to him.

"I love you so much Scotty"

"I love you too princess."

They stayed over by the pond for another hour before going back to the cabin and relaxing for the rest of the night.

GUUUUYYS, shortest chapter yet. I'm so sorry. All chapters up until now have been pre-written from the end of the summer but this is being written real time. I work 2 jobs and am currently about to end my 1 semester of my sophomore year in college so I'm super stressed and behind. BUUUUUUT I'll be back soon, most likely closer to Christmas. 

Much love for all the love & positive feedback on this book. I genuinely thought this was going to flop but it's done so well for my first book! 

I will be back soon with a new chapter :)

                                                                                    - B