03

The next morning she woke up feeling worse than the day before. She sat up in her bed and tied her hair in a bun. She turned her head to the door when she heard a soft knock. Jeff peeked his head into her room.

"How you feeling pretty girl?" he asked stepping into her room and sitting on the edge of her bed. She shook her head.

He gave her a sympathetic smile standing up.

"I'll bring your work home after practice." he said leaving the room. He soon returned with some more medicine, water, and some waffles for her. He leaned on her bed placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Get some rest, I'll see you later." he said leaving.

She got up from her bed and sat on the ledge by her window watching as the 3 boys got in the car, rolled down the driveway, and drove down the street until she couldn't see the car anymore.

She spent the day laying in bed watching Disney movies. It was now 4 pm. The guys should be getting home soon. Izzy stood up from her bed and made her way down to the living room to finish watching an episode of Gossip Girl she was rewatching when she heard the doorbell ring. She wrapped herself in the blanket she had and walked over to the door.

"Don't you morons have keys?" She asked. "We left ours thinking Jeff had his but..." Izac trailed off. "I took them off the keychain when you had my car and forgot to put them back on." Jeff said closing the door.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep. I love you guys, goodnight." She said as she made her way back up the stairs.

----------------

"You going to school sick?" Jeff asked walking into her room

"I need to. I'm okay J really."

She walked into the school and to her locker.

"Hey Izabela right?" a boy asked her.

"Yeah, and you are?"

"Clay, Clay Jensen. I tutor Jeff sometimes"

"Soooo Clay. What brings you to my locker?"

"Oh um I-I just wanted to tell you to be careful around Bryce and try not to be alone with him" He said looking down the hallway as the group of jocks walked in.

"Yeah, he puts me off. I don't trust him but thanks for the warning." she smiled placing her hand on his forearm.

"No problem, if you ever need anything I'm around." he said nodding and walking away.

"What did Jensen want Princess?" Monty asked as the group approached her locker.

"None of your business." She shut her locker and looked at Jeff and her brothers who soon began following her to the first period.

"We can't let him near her again." she heard Bryce tell Monty and Scott who just nodded in return and watched as the four walked into the classroom.

Lunchtime came around sooner than expected.

"Damn Izabela what the hell is wrong with you?" Bryce scrunched up his face

"Yeah, you look like ass but damn you still look good." Monty added.

She glared at the two of them and just placed her head on Scott's shoulder. Soon a blonde girl walked up to the table and kissed Bryce.

Izabela made a face at Izac who made the same face causing the two to laugh. The girl then sat on his lap and ate from his tray.

"Hi! I'm Chloe you must be Izabela." she said cheerily with a big smile.

Izabela forced a smile and a small wave to the girl.

"Guys cover for me in Kerley's class, I'm going to take her home." Jeff said standing bringing his best friend with him.

Scott looked at the two and then at Monty

"I'm sure Monty would love to take her home." he said patting Monty's shoulder earning glares from Izac and Izaiah.

Izabela looked at him and rolled her eyes and then at Izac shaking her head signaling for him not to say anything. She was too sick to argue or try to convince her brother not to fight.

Jeff drove Izabela home and made sure she would be okay until they guy home from practice.

"You sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yeah J, I'll be okay I'll take some medicine. I'm probably just going to sleep or watch some movies."

"Okay, I'll try to grab your work and bring it"

"Be careful."

Izabela spent the day as she had the day before, watching Disney movies. She wrapped another blanket around her shoulders as she made her way downstairs.

She was in the kitchen making herself a sandwich when she heard the front door open.

"Iza?"

"Kitchen"

"Hey, pretty girl." Jeff said wrapping his arms around her neck and kissing the back of her head.

"Sup Princess."

She turned around to be met with Izac, Izaiah, Zach, Monty, and Scott.

She gave them a confused look.

"We have a Chem assignment and none of us get it so we were hoping you could help." Zach said after noticing her confusion.

They all circled around the coffee table as Izabela wrote down the answers.

"Okay so to balance this one we need 3 here because there's 6 on the right and only 2 in the left and to balance the chlorine we would need 2 because there's 8 on the right and only 4 on the right." she said looking up at the boys trying to make sure they understood.

"How do you understand this stuff?" Monty huffed gripping his hair.

"It's pretty simple but Johansten explains it weird. You're basically making sure all the elements on either side of the yield are equal because if they aren't equal, it won't work. It's all simple multiplication." she said looking at Monty as he nodded.

"Damn Princess, you're smart. I like it." he said causing her to throw her pencil at him.

"Fuck off Monty." she said laughing a little bit.

Zach whispered something in Izabela's causing her to laugh a little. Scott watched as the two playfully shoved each other shoulders, Jeff joining soon after.

"How have you only been here for like a week and you're sick?" Zach asked looking at her.

"The dirty air in this town." she laughed

"I can help you get better." Monty winked at her.

"Montgomery" Izac warned looking at the boy.

"Jesus dude don't be such a wet blanket."

"That's my baby sister! I'll be a soaking blanket."

Scott laughed, Monty looked at him narrowing his eyes.

"Fuck you laughing for? You can't get her either." He pushed his shoulder.

"As amazing it is watching you all argue over who can and can not get me, I'm getting a headache again so goodnight." Izabela said standing up with her blanket.

She began to walk away but stopped when she heard Scott.

"Nice hoodie Arroyo it be nicer off though."

"Fuck off Scotty, don't be like Monty now."