Chapter 13 - Before The Storm

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Vampire Diaries, they belong to the writers of the show.

Once everyone left the Salvatore boarding house, Kol plucked up the courage to ask Bonnie out for dinner, he didn't necessarily need to eat but he wanted to impress her. They shared a lot of the same interests mainly magic, but the original vampire was a young adult at heart. Even if he was ageless he adjusted to the times well.

Bonnie challenged him and was able to keep Kol in check, of course that didn't stop him from continuing his antics. He loved pushing her, she was a force of nature and fiercely loyal, something that Kol admired.

So here he stood outside the Bennett house pacing nervously. Who would have thought that the cocky original could get worked up about a date, he tried his best to compose himself before he knocked.

(Knock Knock)

Kol could hear footsteps getting closer and when the door opened he was speechless, Bonnie Bennett had dressed herself up in a blue halter neck dress that came down to the knees.

"You look beautiful darling" Bonnie looked wonderful and once Kol closed his mouth and took time to admire her beauty, he was able to speak again.

"You don't look so bad yourself Mr. Mikaelson" Bonnie smiled almost laughing at Kol's smirk, he looked good and he knew it.

Bonnie stepped out and closed the door behind her, taking Kol's arm in her he walked her to his car, which she hadn't noticed until now.

"This is your car?" Bonnie gasped before asking an obvious question, she was looking at a Lamborghini Aventador. It was a lovely car and if the mansion they lived gave away their wealth the car did as well.

"Yes, I may have been daggered for the last century but I'm a quick learner. I can't rely on my good looks and charm all the time, where's the fun in that." Kol showed his biggest smile while Bonnie rolled her eyes. She had to admit he was very attractive but his ego was already big enough.

Being the gentlemen Kol opened the door for Bonnie once they arrived at their destination; it was a small restaurant in Richmond. He was told they had the best food and concluded he would take the young witch.

The dinner went smoothly, light chatter and subtle glances at each other. Bonnie had seen a difference in Kol, the night of the ball she concluded he couldn't be trusted after he crushed Matt's hand. After Elena time travelled she found he was worth a chance as Kol had shown her a more caring and human side.

For once Bonnie had found a man, who made an effort for her, didn't take her for granted and like her. She did love Jeremy but once he kissed his dead vampire girlfriend Anna she was broken hearted. Deep down she knew Kol wouldn't hurt her like that and decided to do something that made her happy.

"Bonnie I like you and I know you find me handsome and good looking, I was hoping we could try the whole relationship thing...sorry I'm not good at this. Never have I wanted anything more from a woman but with you...with you I want it."

Kol was used to woman falling at his feet; he often compelled them for a night and drank from them. Living for a thousand years had only made him want to be free, settling with one person for eternity never crossed his mind, yet here he sat in front of a young woman wanting exactly that.

His speech may not have come off well, he could use his charms to get any woman to agree, and he felt bare in the presence of Bonnie. Apart from family no one had seen this side of him, the human Kol.

"I like you too" Bonnie said smiling shyly; she nodded in response to his question. The big bad original was in a relationship.

Kol paid the bill and the new couple left the restaurant, it was a wonderful evening, silence filled the car on the way back to Mystic Falls but it wasn't uncomfortable.